Our scholarship application is open! Due Friday, October 13 at 11:59 PM. Apply here.
Invest in yourself! When you join the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Triangle chapter, you receive the best resources for fundraising professionals, including access to mentoring, the Insight series, membership gatherings, and training. You’ll also meet colleagues in the region who understand the day-to-day challenges you face in philanthropy and will support you along the way.
In alignment with our Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) Policy, this scholarship aims to facilitate access to the above-mentioned resources for:
- Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC)
- Members of historically marginalized communities
- Fundraisers from small organizations
Scholarships offered in 2023:
Individuals are allowed to apply for more than one of the following types of scholarships:
- Chapter Membership Scholarships
- Anyone may apply
- Approximately two scholarships available
- Three-Year IDEA Scholarships
- Must identify as part of a historically marginalized community. (This includes race, wealth, gender identity, physical ability, sexual orientation, and many others.)
- One scholarship available
- Experience AFP Scholarships
- Must identify as a BIPOC fundraiser
- One scholarship available
- Scholarships are sponsored by Moss + Ross
AFP Triangle Chapter Coverage:
- Wake County
- Orange County
- Durham County
And surrounding counties.
If you are unsure about your region, please feel free to apply or contact us at email@example.com.
Benefits of scholarships:
- AFP Triangle and AFP Global membership.
- Free admission to AFP Triangle education session (exceptions may apply).
- Access to the AFP Triangle network.
- Introductory coffee with an AFP Triangle board member.
- Access to quarterly new member coffee gatherings.
- Free admission to AFP Triangle National Philanthropy Day celebration.
Requirements for scholarship recipients:
- Make an effort to take advantage of AFP Triangle offerings and events.
- Commit to providing written and/or short video testimonial on the impact of the scholarship to promote future years’ scholarships.
- Join an AFP Triangle subcommittee and/or volunteer with AFP Triangle (events, IDEA, marketing, National Philanthropy Day)
- There will be two application submission periods: April 2023 and September 2023. We are not guaranteeing that each scholarship will be available in both cycles. We encourage you to apply during the April 2023 cycle if you’re able, due April 28.
- Individuals who received a scholarship award in the past three years are only eligible for half-priced scholarships.
- Scholarships are awarded to the individual, regardless of employment status, not the employer. The membership will transition with the individual if they switch jobs or move out of state.
- Scholarship applications are reviewed by AFP Triangle IDEA Committee and Other Volunteers.
Click here for the scholarship application, due Friday, October 13 at 11:59 PM.
For more information about AFP Triangle Chapter Scholarships, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.