Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director provides leadership and management as it relates to the execution of the organization’s mission. The Executive Director will act in such a way as is consistent with the vision and mission of the Third Street Education Center and must be in agreement with TSEC Statement of Faith.
- Strategy and Planning
- Develops and leads the strategy of the organization within the broad context of the mission as it relates to the cultural landscape of the community served.
- Takes a leadership role in driving a collaborative process with the Board of Directors.
- Oversees preparation of the annual budget and other necessary financial documents.
- Organizational Management
- Establishes that employment policies and legal guidelines are adhered to in all employment practices
- Ensures that TSEC has the appropriate systems, physical space, and technology to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Builds an effective team of leaders by providing guidance and coaching to subordinate managers.
- Fund Development
- Oversees/Manages all fund development activities, including grant writing, cultivation and stewardship of donors, event planning, execution of a capital campaign, and identifying new resources.
- Leads the organization’s financial growth in maintaining healthy cash flow, provide full services to our constituents and maintain adequate reserves to support Board-approved investments and risk-taking.
- Public Relations/Advocacy
- Represents TSEC in all media relations by participating in interviews, developing press releases, and all other media type engagements.
- Relentlessly casts the organizational vision, inviting collaboration with other non-profit corporations, local churches, public institutions, and civic organizations.
- Program Development and Implementation
- Oversees and supports the development, design, and delivery of program initiatives, assuring that the goals and objectives are aligned with TSEC’s overall strategic plan.
- Additional Functions
- Serve as ex-officio on the Board of Directors and ensure staff representation on all committees.
- Agreement with TSEC statement of faith
- Experience in fund development
- Experience in cross-cultural ministry
- Experience in non-profit management (5 years)
- Leadership experience (5 years)
- Bachelor’s Degrees in a relevant field.
Gifts, Passions, Personality, Strengths
- Strong communication skills
- Strong discipline and leadership skills
- Passion for the TSEC vision and mission
- Organized, accurate, and responsibly
- Ability to work well independently and on a team
Benefits include: Competitive Salary, 401k matching, Paid Time Off (PTO), Soul Care Days
****Please send a cover letter, resume, & strengths finder assessment to email@example.com****