Senior Campaign Manager
How many people can answer the question, “What do you do for a living?” with the answer, “I help find cures for cancer.” At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, “job.”
Works under the supervision and direction of the Chapter Executive Director or assigned staff, requiring management approval for activities outside the annual strategic plan and budget. Partners with National Campaign Staff for campaign specific standard operating procedure and guidance.
Additional Position Information
Responsible for managing the Man & Woman of the Year campaign to achieve and exceed revenue goals of $1,000,000+. Basic functions include executing a strategic plan, ensuring organizational campaign standards are fully implemented, recruiting and managing high level volunteers, leadership of all campaign revenue generation activities, expense and fiscal controls, staff hiring, training and management as assigned, and marketing/promotions and logistics for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society within the chapter’s chartered area.
- Implements a comprehensive strategic plan focused on increasing revenue and volunteer engagement for assigned special events which includes a specific revenue, retention and recruitment goals, volunteer leadership development plan, recruitment and cultivation events, budget, timeline, logistics and marketing for each event.
- Identifies, cultivates and stewards event donors/teams/participants by implementing campaign appropriate strategies and relationship cultivation activities for successful recruitment, acknowledgement, and retention of donors/teams/participants.
- Manages and adheres to campaign timelines and budgets by tracking income and expenses associated with assigned campaigns, and maintaining comprehensive campaign records, evaluations and reports. Works with fundraising participants to develop comprehensive fundraising plans and personal revenue goals with action steps to achieve.
- Responsible for volunteer management (i.e. recruitment, training, motivation, supervision and evaluation) required to enhance fundraising and plan and implement assigned special events.
- Offers superior customer service to committee and fundraising participants, responding to requests within a 24 hour time period and communicating consistently with all volunteers throughout the campaign.
- Supervises and trains campaign support staff in program best practices with an emphasis on volunteer development and fundraising.
- Manages and facilitates all events associated with assigned fundraising campaigns; including but not limited to committee meetings, recruitment events, Kickoff, Event day, etc.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the LLS mission and its programs integrating the LLS mission into all campaign elements, and daily work.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years fundraising, communications, sales, marketing, event planning experience
- Previous experience as a Campaign Manager
- Collaborate with Mission Team ensuring success of patient access, education, public policy, advocacy and research
- Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills.
- Superior relationship management skills – able to work independently and collaboratively with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Highly organized and professional demeanor.
- Able to supervise groups of employees and volunteers
- Capable of managing multiple priorities effectively
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- Travel within the Chapter’s designated area.
- Required to work evenings or weekends.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply: https://careers-lls.icims.com/jobs/3161/fundraising-campaign-manager—manwoman-of-the-year/job