The North Carolina Medical Society (NCMS) is a professional association representing physicians and physician assistants (PAs) working in all medical specialties and who live and/or work in NC. The North Carolina Medical Society Foundation is a supporting 501(c)(3), charitable organization to the NCMS. The NCMS PAC is the affiliated Political Action Committee. Reporting to the Vice President, Advancement & Donor Relations, the Project Manager for the Advocacy & Advancement (A&A) team is responsible for maintaining all donor information systems for fundraising and development of the NCMS PAC, NCMS and NCMS Foundation. The position is will also maintain compliance with all state and federal reporting requirements.
Key Result Areas
Gift Entry & Acknowledgments:
- Process gifts daily and produce acknowledgments to adhere to the A&A team’s 48-hour turnaround process.
- Analyze gifts to determine appropriate campaigns, funds, appeals for each gift.
- Select the appropriate acknowledgment path based on acknowledgment procedures.
- Produce acknowledgment letters/tax receipts that are free of grammatical/typographical mistakes.
- Process all gifts received via mail, credit card, online, and stock transfer in Raiser’s Edge (RE).
- Process all gift types including cash, credit card, stock, gift-in-kind, recurring gift, pledges, and pledge payments, as well as tribute gifts in RE with accuracy.
- Create appropriate campaign and appeal records in RE using consistent naming conventions.
- Adjust and write-off gifts in RE as needed.
- Generate pledge reminders and invoices on a monthly basis.
- Produce end-of-year tax receipts.
Database Records Maintenance:
- In collaboration with the Member Services team and database administrator, maintain the accuracy of the Raiser’s Edge (RE) database system, including updates discovered by the A&A team.
- Add new constituent records, including prospective donors, to the database. Analyze the information known about the individual or organization and populate all appropriate data fields in compliance with established procedures.
- Maintain RE relationships for the A&A team, including gift solicitor relationships, Charitable Giving contacts, General Assembly contacts, Legislative contacts, and other contact types as needed.
NCMS PAC Accounting:
- Perform all accounting functions for State and Federal NCMS PAC, including bank records, investment accounts, accounting records, reports, etc.
- Prepare NCMS PAC reports for Federal Election Commission and State Election Board and file prepared NCMS PAC tax returns.
External & Internal Reporting:
- Maintain all A&A team compliance requirements, particularly NCMS PAC compliance.
- Manage communication and address inquiries with the State Board of Elections, FEC, IRS, NC Dept. of Revenue and State Solicitation Licensing Section
- Assist in completing lobbyist registrations and expense reports and files in a timely manner.
- Create queries, reports and/or lists needed by A&A staff for mailings, events, email and peer to peer solicitations, and donor honor roll lists. Create the accompanying exports.
- Produce a Daily Gift Report and ensure it is given to the appropriate staff for review and posting. Correct errors in the Daily Gift Report in a timely manner.
- Produce all reports and financial reports needed by the A&A team, including pledge fulfillment reports. Submit and distribute various reports to A&A team, finance department and others as needed.
Planning & Administration:
- Provide support for meetings of boards and committees managed by the A&A team, including maintenance of contact information, attendance tracking, dissemination of materials, room reservations, catering, speaker needs, etc.
- Set up conference calls, webinars, and other AV and assure all are working properly in advance of the meeting.
- Maintain A&A team’s electronic and paper files.
- Work closely with other Project Coordinators to cross-train on other duties and to fulfill organizational responsibilities.
- Provide back-up support to Receptionist with other coordinator staff.
- Support NCMS membership recruitment and retention efforts.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor and/or the Leadership Team.
- Develop annual performance goals in collaboration with your supervisor and regularly communicate progress towards goals.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative attitude to help create and support an environment that encourages teamwork and productivity.
- Attend board and committee meetings as requested. Occasionally work evenings or weekend special events that may require travel.
Two years’ experience in administrative support, including experience with Microsoft Office software, specifically mail merge features in Word. Knowledge of Pivot Tables in Excel a plus. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software including data entry, queries, reporting and importing and exporting.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in the liberal arts, business or communication or equivalent training and experience. Raiser’s Edge certification and/or proof of prior training is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills; detailed oriented.
- Ability to analyze data for appropriate gift entry.
- Ability to prioritize data entry projects and review work for accuracy.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Aptitude to work on multiple tasks with interruptions in an energetic environment.
- Ability to thrive under pressure with periodic heavy workloads particularly during calendar and fiscal year ends.
- Self-starter and self-motivated with the ability to work independently while taking direction as appropriate.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Shawn Scott, Senior Vice President, Member Services & Business Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.