Grants and Foundation Relations Manager
The Grants and Foundation Relations Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of grant funding for Monarch, including grant research, proposal development, grant reporting and relationship management with funders. This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing and Philanthropy.
Proposal Research and Development
- Research potential funding sources for alignment with Monarch priorities.
- Write, and submit competitive proposals to public and private foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
- Consult with Monarch departments to identify site-specific and system-wide priorities.
- Convene and coordinate Monarch staff and community partner grant planning committees
- Coordinate proposal development with Monarch staff and outside consultants.
- Communicate as needed with potential funders.
- Maintain required registrations, i.e., Grants.gov, SAM.gov, and D&B.
- Research and contact potential foundation and corporate funders to support programs, services, organizational development, capital, and other Monarch projects.
- Establish and expand relationships with grant funders and community partners, coordinating stewardship efforts, site visits, program updates.
- Work with Monarch Marketing and Communications to write and distribute social media posts, news briefs, media releases and annual reports.
- Communicate regularly with Monarch staff to build knowledge and awareness of grant-related practices and opportunities.
- Complete and submit mid-term and final reports, and other required paperwork to funders.
- Work with finance staff to track fund disbursement and develop financial reports.
- Train site leadership on required grant reporting and develop an information-sharing structure to meet funding objectives.
- Develop and implement grant administration policies and procedures; reviews the work of assigned staff, provides feedback, and audit data collected to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain grant-related reference resources including funder research files, grant application deadlines, grant reporting schedules, and other information as needed.
- Maintain Raisers Edge records.
3 years of experience in grant writing/grant management, with demonstrated success in grand fundraising. Experience with federal grants. Experience with Raisers Edge (preferred).
Principles and practices of all phases of non-profit funding opportunities; proposal writing requirements; computer applications and programs, spreadsheets, and databases; persuasive writing techniques. Ability to: read and interpret complex proposal application guidelines and requirements; supervise the work of others; write persuasive proposals; analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, conduct informational research; make effective oral presentations; conduct group meetings; communicate effectively orally and in writing and establish cooperative working relationships with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties.
Please apply using the following link: