Annual Giving Assistant
The Annual Giving Assistant is responsible for executing plans for TROSA’s annual fundraising program. The Annual Giving Assistant will work closely with the Chief Development Officer in seeking out opportunities to identify, cultivate, and solicit prospects to ensure a strong base of ongoing financial support for TROSA. The Annual Giving Assistant will plan and administer specific areas of annual fundraising including annual appeals, gift ‘society’ support, donor acquisition, memorials, matching gift, and other areas as needed.
The Annual Giving Assistant reports to the Chief Development Officer and is an integral part of a strong team devoted to raising significant financial resources for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the implementation of a comprehensive annual development plan including strategies for effective donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- In partnership with the CDO, help to build the pipeline of new donors through strategic community partnerships and the implementation of a marketing and public relations plan.
- Solicit and steward monthly, annual and mid-level donors according to their level of giving in all aspects of the fundraising cycle.
- Coordinate the direct mail process for acquiring and renewing annual donors. Assist in the development and, in partnership with the Director of Communications, oversee the implementation of the marketing strategy for the annual gift campaign each year; including all printed materials, e-communications, phone calls, social media, and the annual giving page of the website.
- Coordinate the mid-level giving program solicitation and stewardship processes by identifying prospects, in partnership with the database manager. The Annual Giving Assistant will manage a portfolio of mid-level annual fund prospects,
- Develop evaluation of the annual giving effort that informs fundraising efforts and regular updates on performance of the annual campaign as needed.
- Coordinate with other staff to plan and implement cultivation and stewardship events.
- Develop and participate in other stewardship activities as required, such as the annual report on giving.
- Must possess a passion for service and a record of accomplishment for achieving goals and meeting deadlines.
- Have outstanding interpersonal and analytical skills; strong written, verbal and problem solving capabilities with a creative capacity to initiate programs and see them through to completion.
- Demonstrate competence in executing and managing fund development plans.
- Experience in project and volunteer management.
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with others and independently, and able to communicate a credible presence.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Have a clear understanding of the role of development, marketing, and public relations and possess the skills to lead these efforts.
- At least 2-4 years of successful experience in resource development for a nonprofit or educational institution.
- Be an outstanding communicator while sharing the story of TROSA in one-on-one situations with individual prospects or in front of small and large groups.
- Knowledgeable of effective development protocols and systems and have demonstrated experience managing available human and financial resources to maximize development efforts.
- Possess excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office and donor management software.
How to Apply: Please submit one document that includes your cover letter (providing your salary expectations/range and how you learned about the position) and your resume and send via email to: email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.