Job Title: Grants Manager
The Grants Manager will be responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding gifts from foundations, corporations, and some government entities. This position will manage foundation, corporate, and some government giving, including grants and reporting, and implement strategy in collaboration with the CDO. The Grant Manager will participate in the Development Department’s overall budgeting and goal-setting process, collaborating with the CDO to establish annual revenue goals for foundations, corporate giving, government, and grant awards. This position will monitor progress against goals, analyze results, create forecasts and pipelines, provide progress updates, and ensure accurate tracking and follow-up on all foundation, corporate, and government gifts. This position will exercise discretion and solid judgment while focusing on growing grant funding, corporate support, foundation giving, and some government support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, perform prospect research on, and evaluate potential for funding from foundations, corporate, and government sources.
- Develop and manage the grants calendar, and ensure submission and reporting deadlines are met.
- Gather information to identify organization needs and compellingly articulate in a proposal, the project or program for which funding is sought.
- Work with data manager to collect and analyze data on TROSA’s program and impact to be used in grant applications, donor recognition and stewardship, and other marketing materials/collateral.
- Work with the CFO and department heads to build unique budgets for funding needs.
- Compile, write, and edit grant proposals and reports exhibiting strong expository writing, skills and a high-level command of grammar, spelling, and editing.
- Develop grant proposals in accordance with each funder’s preferences and follow, guidelines exactly.
- Keep in contact with grant-making organizations during their review of a submitted grant, application in order to be able to supply additional supportive material.
- Conduct meetings with supporters and invite other staff members and residents to join as needed.
- Along with other Development Department team members, maintain accurate and current database records and paper files, and develop and produce reports as requested.
- Assist with donor recognition and stewardship for corporate, foundation, and government donors.
- Evaluate progress towards goals, prepare reports on fundraising and present to the Chief Development Officer and Development Department in addition to other key staff and board members.
- In collaboration with Director of Communications, and in consultation with the CDO, generate content for marketing and communications efforts related to corporate and foundation giving, including but not limited to website updates, e-newsletter blasts, social media posts, and written material.
- Ability to write and communicate clear, structured, articulate and persuasive funding proposals and accurate reports.
- Proven grant-writing experience with a record of accomplishment in achieving or exceeding annual goals for fundraising and grants through corporate, foundation and government grant support.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Comfort and ease in speaking with high-level donors, as well as public speaking.
- Excellent organizational skills and extraordinary attention to detail.
- Effective motivational, business and planning skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications as well as donor database software, preferably virtuous CRM software.
- Ability to take initiative and uphold professional standards.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a writing-intensive or a communications field, or equivalent experience.
- At least 3-5 years experience in development/fundraising in the nonprofit arena.
- Must be available for some activities at night and on weekends.
Please submit one document that includes your cover letter (providing your salary expectations and how you learned about the position) and your resume and send via email to: email@example.com
Writing samples and 4-5 professional references will be required from the finalists.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE