Stewardship and Donor Relations Coordinator
Posting Open Date
Pay Band Information
To learn more about the pay band for this branch and role, please see the Career Banding rates spreadsheet.
Primary Purpose of Organizational Unit
Gillings Advancement offers a variety of services to facilitate the School’s research, teaching, and service mission, promoting the development of public health policy, publicizing School activities and public health issues, and generating financial support from alumni, foundations, corporations, and the NC Legislature. The office also coordinates special events.
This position is responsible for the coordination and stewardship of gifts received by the SPH Advancement Office in the Gillings School of Global Public Health, including detailed gift reporting, processing, analysis, and management. The incumbent will manage and distribute gift reports and stewardship communications for all types of gifts to the School. He/she will have the responsibility of coordinating with the University Development Office and the School’s finance office and departments to monitor, gather and manage fund-use information to be able to report useful information to major donors to the School, ensuring that the donors receive updated information about the impact of their gifts and remain connected to the School. He/she will also provide support to annual fund and alumni functions of the School.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
High school diploma or equivalency and one year of related office experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Required Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience
The position requires the following:
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in creating reports in excel;
– The ability to work with different software systems, learn new technology, and monitor and collect data (which is essential to providing accurate gift reports to the School);
– The ability to speak clearly and concisely and to convey information in a professional and courteous manner when speaking with donors, alumni, members of the University community, and friends of the School;
– Strong written communication to compose and edit gift acknowledgment letters, using proper grammar and proofing for errors in spelling and punctuation.
Preferred Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience
– Blackbaud CRM database or other database management experience is preferred; – Experience with gift processing and donor relations is preferred.
Inclusive Excellence is a core value at the Gillings School of Global Public Health. We expect our faculty and staff to actively contribute to fostering an academic workplace climate that is welcoming and supportive for all. Please indicate in your cover letter how you might contribute to an inclusive environment at Gillings.
Office of Human Resources Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to email@example.com
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.