The Occoneechee Council, Boy Scouts of America serves over 7,000 youth in the greater Triangle Region of North Carolina with a nationally recognized youth leadership program based in the outdoors. With an operating budget of over $4 million, the Council has a diversified stream of revenue which includes funding from an annual operating campaign, six special events, planned giving, and other sources.
The Occoneechee Council, Boy Scouts of America, located in Raleigh, is seeking a Development Director to give leadership, direction, and support to fundraising campaigns. This position involves managing individual and corporate gifts, special events, and annual campaigns. If you have experience in non-profit fundraising and development including special event management, we encourage you to apply.
Anticipated Hiring Range – $65,000-$75,000 with compensation commensurate with experience and abilities.
Development Director Responsibilities and Duties:
· Give leadership to special events such as a golf tournament, sporting clays tournament, or banquet fundraiser.
· Identify and recruit volunteer leadership and manpower to serve on committees.
· Give leadership to committees by planning committee meetings and providing resources and reports.
· Lead committees to net approximately $100,000 for each event.
· Oversee all event logistics working with vendors and acting as the onsite manager for the day of the event.
· Give leadership to an annual operating campaign.
· Manage a portfolio of giving prospects.
· Work to develop cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for top prospects, and secure gifts.
· Recruit volunteer leadership and coordinate with the volunteer’s fundraising efforts to meet a goal of approximately $150,000.
· Actively identify prospective individual and corporate donors; volunteer manpower; solicit funds; cultivate donors.
· Collaborate with the development team and other departments on the management and planning of fundraising events and donor cultivation events.
Development Director Qualifications and Skills:
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 4-5 years of fundraising experience
· Outstanding written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills
· Detail oriented, adaptable, organized, and able to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks
· Ability to work independently, set priorities, and meet deadlines
· Must be a team player
· Excellent computer and database skills. Familiarity with Blackbaud or a similar CRM
· Must be available to work some evenings, weekends, and extended hours for meetings and events
All councils are equal opportunity employers offering a competitive salary range. Professional Scouting offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, accidental death, retirement plan with match, plus compensation for authorized and approved business-related expenses including phone and mileage reimbursement. We also offer a generous vacation policy and ten holiday observances.
How to Apply: Those interested in applying should send their resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.