Major Gift and Stewardship Officer
Minimum Education /Experience
Bachelor’s degree in the fields of communications/marketing/journalism/business or related.
Minimum of 5-8 years of philanthropy experience with demonstrated success in cultivation and solicitation of gifts. This is a full-time professional position responsible for cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major donors. The candidate will assist in planning and implementing a program to fund strategic priorities including future capital needs, planned gifts, endowment support, and other priorities as assigned. Additionally, the Major Gift and Stewardship Officer ensures the successful operation of a comprehensive stewardship program that involves staff, board members, and key volunteers.
- Build and manage a portfolio of major donors; cultivate and solicit, through personal face-to-face calls and cultivation activities, gifts of $5,000 or more.
- Identify and qualify major gift prospects and coordinate cultivation activities with other staff members.
- Responsible for developing goals, major gift fundraising strategies, and action plans within the assigned portfolio.
- Develop and implement stewardship strategies that strengthen long-term relationships with major donors.
- Ensure that details of stewardship plans are compiled and communicated to all involved parties and that the plan is documented, and implemented.
- Support a process that prompts and assists volunteers in maintaining personal contact with major donors.
- Provide samples of personal acknowledgment and stewardship letters, profiles/summaries, and tools needed for board members and key volunteers.
- Assist other staff in engaging volunteer leaders in the stewardship efforts. Identify and develop donor recognition opportunities.
- Help maintain and keep the donor database up to date and accurate with proper tracking of notes, actions, proposals, impact reports, etc.
Hours/Days of Work
40+ hours per week, Monday through Friday (Exempt). The position requires evening and weekend assignments.
Salary Range and Benefits
$63,000-$73,000/year (Exempt); Excellent benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, EAP, PTO, Life, STD/LTD, and 403b Retirement Plan
To apply for this position, click here.
Tammy Lynn Center is an equal opportunity employer. Tammy Lynn Center does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, physical or mental disability (provided the physical or mental disability does not prevent the employee, with or without reasonable accommodation from completing the essential functions of the job), Genetic information, military status, or any other status protected by law. Proof of identity and work authorization will be required upon employment in accordance with federal regulations.