Development Director – North & South Carolina
- Regular Full-Time
- Raleigh, NC,
- I.D. 2094
TO APPLY: Click here.
About Susan G. Komen
Susan G. Komen brings a 100% virtual working environment! We are a force united by a promise to end breast cancer forever. For over 30 years, we’ve led the way funding groundbreaking research, community health initiatives and advocacy programs in local communities across the U.S. and in more than 30 countries. Susan G. Komen is the ONLY organization that addresses breast cancer on multiple fronts such as research, community health, global outreach, and public policy initiatives in order to make the biggest impact against this disease.
Komen strives to have a culture of passionate, growth-minded professionals who thrive in a team environment and work collaboratively to inspire greatness in others! We take an ongoing approach to ensure open communication from all levels throughout the organization. It’s encouraged to give and receive feedback to ensure two-way accountability with a focus on continual improvement both personally and professionally!
What You’ll Be Doing in the role of Development Director, North & South Carolina:
The Development Director – North & South Carolina serves as a team leader and member of a community-based fundraising team for Susan G. Komen. This position will oversee the implementation of a year-round fundraising program for the market, working in close coordination with state and national fundraising teams. The Development Director will lead the community fundraising team with 1-2 direct reports and will be responsible for meeting revenue targets. The Development Director will be a strong player-coach, in addition to providing day-to-day leadership of the team, the Director must also help team members deliver on tactical execution.
The primary fundraising program will be the MORE THAN PINK Walk™. This will include prospecting, cultivating and soliciting of sponsors, corporate teams and top fundraisers. This position will also be responsible for driving execution of other local fundraising programs such as galas and other fundraising events.
- Development of year-round fundraising plan and budget to meet revenue goals.
- Assist in hiring, training and supervising community fundraising staff.
- Expected to meet monthly fundraising goals for MTPW/RFTC, Third Party Events, individual giving, etc and maintain budget in line with organizational guidelines.
- Execute the strategy, management and execution of the MORE THAN PINK Walk ™/ Race for the Cure® to meet revenue goals for the event(s).
- Securing and managing high dollar corporate sponsorships for market events.
- Maintaining an ongoing pipeline of potential sponsors and donors.
- As required, execute local market activation of national partnership programs.
- Establish relationships and communication with key constituents which include top fundraisers, top team captains, sponsors, major to mid-level donors and volunteers.
- Adhere to best practices and event timelines and drive accountability by the team.
- Ability to keep participants, volunteers, and staff on track and motivated to reach goals.
- Work in collaboration with Executive Director on identifying and cultivating potential major gift prospects in the community.
- Work cross functionally with other Development Directors on larger national strategies.
- Provides leadership in building confidence and a strong working relationship between the community and Susan G. Komen as an organization.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Susan G. Komen mission and programs to promote the field and campaign fundraising initiatives.
- Maintains a productive and collaborative relationships with all Komen staff; participates on regional and enterprise projects and committees as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Supervises work of others, including planning, assigning and scheduling work, reviewing work and ensuring quality standards, training staff and overseeing their productivity. May offer recommendations for hiring, pay changes and termination, but does not have responsibility for making these decisions.
This role will oversee the following – Development Manager, Development Specialist
What You Will Bring to the Table:
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in fundraising, special events and team management.
- 5 years fundraising experience overseeing $1m+ in revenue, through peer to peer fundraising events, major gifts and sponsorship.
- History of raising $1 million through peer to peer fundraising and corporate sponsorship.
- Ability to close face to face sales and sponsorships.
- Strong volunteer recruitment and management skills and demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service and motivation to business and social leaders.
- Excellent planning, organizational and follow-up skills.
- Demonstrated professional and mature interaction with other staff and leadership volunteers, sponsors, donors and others to engage them toward the achievement of revenue goals.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with varying priorities at one time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively speak and present to individuals including high net worth donors, executive corporate management as well as small, mid-size and large groups.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout the market and work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Familiar with the community and local non-profit space.
- Must currently reside within the market being supported and be willing and able to travel through geographic service area.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, Nonprofit Management, Social Entrepreneurship; other equivalencies considered.
What’s in it for you?
Komen believes in the importance of taking care of our employees so that in turn they can be committed to supporting our critical mission to support those impacted by breast cancer and to help find cures. That is what Komen provides away from the computer:
- Competitive salary (salary range is $70,000-$85,000 yearly)
- Health, dental, vision and a retirement plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexible work arrangement i a fully remote working environment
- Bi-weekly work from home stipend
- Parental leave
- A culture of learning and development
- And so much more!
Susan G. Komen is fair and equal in all of its employment practices for persons without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. Additionally we embrace Diverse Teams & Perspective and we find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
SORRY NO AGENCIES