Do you thrive igniting passion for a mission in donors and stakeholders? Does a mission that creates opportunities for families seeking stable and safe lives call to you?Do you excel in an organization that is driven by impact and a team that supports each other like family? Are you ready to lead with your expertise and experience while continuing to learn and be curious?
For over 30 years, StepUp Ministry has served as the premiere provider of employment and life skills education in Wake County, living out our mission to transform lives through these two critical components to success and stability. StepUp’s vision is to walk alongside individuals as they overcome challenging circumstances and achieve stability in all areas of their lives, from living-wage employment to financial literacy and self-sufficiency, affordable and safe housing, reliable transportation, and educational opportunities. StepUp believes in each person’s ability to take steps to overcome personal and professional barriers, celebrating each step in the journey, and stewarding collaborative and long-lasting relationships between participants and staff.
To support their mission and continue building community engagement, StepUp Ministry seeks a goal-oriented development professional with stellar interpersonal skills to serve as its Development Director.
What will you do as StepUp Ministry’s next Development Director?
• Lead a comprehensive, integrated, and self-sustaining financial development program focused on diversified revenue and increased community engagement
• Serve on StepUp’s leadership team and make strategic decisions to guide the organization
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the board of directors, donors, staff, volunteers, and other external stakeholders
• Supervise a full-time Donor Relations Specialist, a part-time Grant Writer, a part-time Data Entry Specialist, and the relationship with StepUp’s marketing firm
• Manage all fundraising activities through the execution of the development and stewardship plans, including but not limited to donor pipeline and moves management, annual appeals, peer to peer fundraising, major gifts, planned gifts, grant writing, and donor stewardship
• Partner with the Executive Director and Development Committee of the Board of Directors to meet fundraising goals
• Manage external marketing agency work on social media, collateral, and website content; collaborate with internal leadership on marketing needs and collateral; and oversee overall brand and language as it relates to StepUp
• Participate in the StepUp NC collaborative with other Development Directors and senior leaders to share, understand, and execute agreed upon best practices
• Serve as a community ambassador fulfilling speaking engagements and other appearances
• Support and promote the Executive Director in their role as “spokesperson” for StepUp
• Establish annual working goals for development staff, conducting development staff performance evaluations
Why StepUp Ministry?
At StepUp Ministry, adults and children transform their lives through employment and life skills training. Through that mission, StepUp’s vision is to be the premier resource in Wake County for people seeking to improve their lives and develop stable careers. StepUp is guided by five core values:
• We believe lives are transformed through God’s love and grace.
• We are guided by the needs of our participants.
• We are careful stewards of all relationships and resources in our care.
• We seek and value diversity, inclusiveness, equality, accountability, and collaboration.
• We joyfully celebrate efforts and success.
Founded in 1988 by White Memorial Presbyterian Church, StepUp annually serves more than 600 individuals who face barriers to employment in Wake County. Through a 3-step program, StepUp inspires adults and children at economic risk to take responsibility for every aspect of their lives through holistic programs, meaningful relationships, and compassionate accountability.
StepUp’s operating budget is $1,600,000 and growing. 95% of the revenue is raised through unrestricted contributions from congregations, corporations, foundations, individuals, one annual special event, and planned gifts.
Want to know more? Visit StepUp Ministry’s website at www.stepupministry.org.
Key lived experiences, attributes, and skillsets sought in the Development Director
• A passion for people and building strong relationships and community connections
• An energetic, entrepreneurial spirit
• The ability to motivate, lead, and inspire
• A track record of successfully executing a comprehensive development plan and direct solicitations of $10,000+
• Appreciation for a rich, culturally sensitive work environment
• Employee and budget management experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly organized with the ability to set priorities, multi-task, and meet deadlines
• Strong computer skills with preferred knowledge of Apple computers; Microsoft software; and Salesforce
• Ability to adapt to flexible hours
• Effective working with minimal supervision
Think you are the next StepUp Ministry Development Director?
To apply, click on the link to the Development Director position profile at
ArmstrongMcGuire.com/jobs. You will see instructions for uploading your cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and professional references. Please provide all requested information to be considered. In case of any technical problems, contact email@example.com. No phone calls, please, and no applications will be accepted by email or directly from third-party posting sites.
Salary is commensurate with the requirements of the position and is in the $85K range. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; 401K retirement plans; and generous paid time off program, including paid sabbatical for every fifth year of service.
StepUp Ministry actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates. StepUp Ministry is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.