Manager of Development Administration
Reports to: Director of Development (DOD)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours: 40 per week
SECU Family House at UNC Hospitals provides a safe, nurturing, affordable home for adult patients and their loved ones who travel great distances to UNC Hospitals for life-saving procedures and the treatment of serious illnesses.
We have immediate need of an effective and seasoned Manager of Development Administration to join our Development Team and manage all fundraising support, administration, and events coordination. The Manager of Development Administration (MDA) will develop and manage a centralized administrative support function and serve as back-up to all Fundraising staff. This role includes administrative support of SECU Family House’s fundraising activities, as well as events planning and logistics. The MDA must be able to assume accountability, make decisions, multi-task and work independently to manage logistics (however large or small) for a variety of stakeholders, including Family House leadership, donors, volunteers, staff, and guests. This is a full-time position requiring flexibility to work evening and weekend hours as needed for meetings and special events. The ideal candidate can balance a variety of issues with skill and grace, enjoys working with a team and community building, and is enthusiastic and creative in anticipating events. A small, dynamic Development staff works closely to fulfill the mission, and the successful candidate will the backbone of this important office.
Development Team Administration
- Staff the Development Office front desk and serve as the face of the Development Team, including engaging existing and potential donors, as well as greeting Family House guests seeking information
- Other vital administrative functions include maintaining the development office calendar, coordinating activities such as direct mail, meetings, printing, file management, purchasing and coordinating key development activities such as volunteer meetings and donor recognition events.
- Schedule and provide logistical support and follow up for executive fundraising visits
- Become proficient using Raisers Edge to assist in streamlining the generation of mailing lists, data clean up, and look for ways to increase efficiency.
- Become proficient using Research Point and Foundation Search to assist in prospecting of development efforts
- Maintain Development Office marketing and communications materials in conjunction with Family House Marketing Associate and outside agencies if necessary
- Conduct research and prepare materials for use in meetings and grant proposals, as requested
- Support Executive Director with Board Meeting preparations, as necessary
- Develop creative strategies for unique virtual meetings, outreach and donor events, and team building in COVID-19 era
- Plans, coordinates, and promotes Family House special events (Family House Classic, Family House Gala, community-building events, special one-time events including long term advancement planning)
- Plans, coordinates, promotes and travels for Family House regional events
- Assists in the recruitment and development of volunteer leadership (chairs) to ensure successful events
- Oversees and works directly with event chairs to bring off successful events encouraging delegation and optimal committee involvement, including all event logistics, acquisitions, vendor correspondence, sponsorships, and marketing activities
- Liaises with and recruits Family House staff for technical and specialist assistance in advance of and immediately preceding events
- In conjunction with the Development Associate, prepares budgets, maintains detailed records, and exercises responsible expense control for various events with the approval of DOD. Keeps detailed records.
- Plans and coordinates follow-up contacts for events: calls, emails, further engagement and helps event committee collect outstanding pledges
- Identifies and approaches corporate and individual sponsors for events with the help of DOD and Annual Giving Associate
- Coordinates the publication of event-specific marketing materials with FH marketing staff
In addition to a strong commitment to the SECU Family House mission, this position requires 10+ years of high-level administrative experience and accountability, preferably in a fast-paced philanthropic or customer service environment and boundless positivity and enthusiasm.
Required Experience and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- High level and effective administrative experience in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of providing a high degree of customer service
- Proven ability and desire to maintain a positive, helpful, friendly, poised and professional demeanor in a busy, team-oriented environment
- Ability to operate with minimal direction or oversight and independently prioritize, organize, and manage tasks and projects. Attention to detail. Creativity and resourcefulness.
- Ability to set and keep deadlines, follow through on tasks and handle different stages of multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven excellence in writing skills to compose letters, reports and other documents for internal staff and external constituents
- Comfortable and proficient in communicating with high-level professionals and vendors
- Advanced competency in computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite, Illustrator, Canva, Zoom and other virtual meeting platforms – working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a definite plus
- Supervisory experience, a plus
- Respect for privacy and confidentiality of guests, volunteers, and donors
- Some evenings and weekends are required
- Physical demands for this position include sitting, standing, bending, walking, lifting, and moving up to 20 lbs.
In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Thrive on managing multiple projects
- Be a highly organized self-starter
- Execute assignments on a timely basis and within budget
As well as earning competitive wages, the successful candidate will be eligible for SECU Family House’s employee benefits program which features employer-paid employee-only medical insurance and long term disability insurance, Paid Time Off, and 401(k) plan with employer contribution after one year of service. Free parking.
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: Michele@secufamilyhouse.org
Qualified candidates only please. This is not an entry-level position.
We are accepting applications through August 26th, 2020. Applicants should expect replies after that date. No phone calls, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer.