Title: Development Manager
Reports to: Development Director
Job Status: Full-Time, Non-exempt
Last Revised: 04/26/21
POSITION SUMMARY: The Development Manager is responsible for providing administrative, clerical, and general support to the Ronald McDonald House of Winston-Salem Development Department. The Development Manager works with the Development Director and the Department Services Manager on financial and database management, marketing, external and donor relations, and supports various fundraising initiatives and events. The Development Manager is responsible for providing accounting support to the House Operations Director and Executive Director. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Donor Record Management
- Oversee all donor receipting and acknowledgments, matching gift applications, online donations, pledge payments, stock gifts, in-kind donations, special projects, memorials/tributes, reconciliation to receipt, and other related donor tracking information.
- Oversee the daily operation of the Exceed Beyond database which tracks gift/financial and biographical information on donors, guests, and volunteers, Guest Services/room assignment information, and Family Room information.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the data, including input and output, technology management, and end-user training and support.
- Prepare monthly balance ledgers and reports for all incoming donations.
- Provide support to staff by creating reports and mailing lists.
- Accounting Responsibilities (using QuickBooks)
- Post weekly cash deposits, electronic deposits, and direct electronic deposits/transfers to accounting general ledger.
- Prepare bi-weekly cash disbursement checks.
- Posts monthly payroll and accounting journal entries prepared by the executive director.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Provide auditors with a reconciliation of deposit records to donor database records.
- Community Relations / Marketing
- Collaborate with Development staff on collateral materials (brochures, newsletters, mailers, promotional emails, etc.) and other marketing or event materials.
- Provide logistical support for projects and special events.
- Inform the community about the Ronald McDonald House, Family Rooms, Hospitality Carts, and other RMH programs at speaking engagements as needed.
- Prepare general correspondence, information packets, and brochures as appropriate.
- Respond to inquiries regarding community relations and development opportunities and distribute information about RMH and its programs.
- Schedule and perform tours for the community.
- Development / Fundraising
- Assist with major fundraising projects: Sport a Shirt/Share a Night, Home Away From Home Annual Campaign, Annual Golf Tournament, etc.
- Assist in prospect identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major constituencies (individuals, corporations, civic and church groups, etc.).
- Maintain, compile, and prepare regular reports of data related to donors, social media, community outreach, development, and others as needed.
- Communications / Social Media
- Oversee daily upkeep with a social media strategy to include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and social media presence as deemed appropriate.
- Assist in Newsletter production including copy, design, and managing recipient lists.
- Support website management and upkeep.
- Recruit, interview, and train Development interns through universities’ respective programs.
- Supervise interns’ work, provide feedback, and complete reporting to schools as needed.
- Other: Other responsibilities as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Four-year college degree required.
- Two years hands on experience in donor database management required, preferably in a cloud-based platform.
- Advanced competency of computers and software in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Two years experience in marketing, fundraising, and accounting preferred.
- Advanced competency of cloud-based QuickBooks accounting or similar system preferred.
- Advanced competency in any or all of the following software: WordPress, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop (and/or other graphic software), and video editing software preferred.
- Demonstrate initiative, problem-solving ability, diplomacy, and ability to perform duties with minimum direction and supervision.
- Ability to express ideas clearly, concisely, logically, orally, and in writing.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Volunteer experience, preferably in a leadership role.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward guests, donors, volunteers, and others who connect with RMHWS.
- Demonstrate respect for the privacy and confidentiality of all guests and agency information.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Able to perform basic life operational skills of walking, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Able to lift and move objects weighing 30 lbs.
- Visual acuity to operate a computer terminal and read extensively.
Note: These requirements represent minimum levels in order to perform the job on a satisfactory basis. Employees must have the ability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job.
The purpose of the Ronald McDonald House of Winston-Salem’s Job Description is to describe the basic function, major responsibilities/tasks, and essential functions of each position so that employees can better know what is expected of them. The description also provides information useful for recruiting, training, and performance appraisal. This document does not create an employment contract, nor does it modify the at-will employment status of all employees. A Job Description is not meant to inhibit employee creativity or innovation. The description will be revised as job responsibilities change.
Submit all resumes and a cover letter by 5:30 p.m. Friday, May 21, 2021, to the attention of Chuck Kraft, Executive Director via email at ChuckK@rmhws.org
No phone calls please.