Reality Ministries……Creating opportunities for adults with and without developmental disabilities to experience belonging, kinship and the life-changing reality of Christ’s love.
Reality Ministries is looking to hire a strategic, collaborative and mission-oriented Director of Development to join our team, who aspires to grow our evolving donor base in FY22 and beyond.
Reality is a community of adults of all abilities sharing life together in a variety of ways, centered arounfriendship. We affirm the inherent God-given dignity of every person. We lean in to knowing and being known. We create community where neurodiverse persons laugh, weep, learn, play and grow together.
Our donors are such an important part of our community and we esteem each of them with profound gratitude and an awareness that this community would not be possible without their partnership.
● Mutuality: Every person both giving and receiving in authentic friendship
● Welcome: A place of hospitality in the deepest sense
● Personalism: Each person a unique reflection of the image of God
● Humility: Our friends with disabilities our teachers and guides
● Collaborate with key staff and the board to develop and implement an annual fundraising plan to support all Reality programs. Work with staff and board to understand organizational and program needs, and establish actionable plans to realize those goals.
● Set development goals for each funding stream.
● Establish a fundraising calendar to include campaigns, events, mailings, annual report, etc.
● Develop and cultivate a portfolio of current donors, prospective donors, and key relationships as part of a coordinated effort to raise support.
● Grow a major gifts program to increase the number of major donors, cultivation and involvement of major donors, and % of overall budget funded by major donors.
● Actively seek and develop new relationships with individual donors, corporate donors, and philanthropic foundations through personal engagement and excellent communications that demonstrate giving impact.
○ Write relevant content to generate leads, funding acquisition, and deepening of donor relationships.
○ Understand and communicate the mission and work of Reality to a wide range of individuals and giving organizations to meet annual fundraising goals.
● Seek out grant opportunities, and write or assign to contract grant-writer.
○ Engage foundations and corporations relationally to establish connection over time.
● Maintain a thorough understanding of Reality programs and development approach to communicate to donors and inspire partnership. Directly participate in Reality programming (specifics TBD).
● Engage with Reality Board members to cultivate relationships, provide or secure fundraising training (i.e. bring in a pro bono consultant), and work with the Fundraising Committee to maximize Board engagement in fundraising.
● Assist Operations Manager in planning and execution of fundraising events, including solicitation of corporate sponsorships for the Talent Show and in-kind donations, an annual peer-to-peer giving campaign, and annual fundraising dinner.
● Review communications materials (donor acknowledgment letters, newsletters, website, proposals, fundraising materials, etc) with the goal of representing Reality in the best possible way.
● Oversee production of annual report (every other year) demonstrating impact, financial stewardship and transparency, and inspire future giving.
● Enhance strategic communications across the organization, with a focus on donor communications.
● Participate in weekly staff meetings and staff development meetings and monthly CoreTeam meetings.
● Engage with Reality programming as a way to have your own stories to share about life in the Reality community.
Skills and Qualifications
● Entrepreneurial thinker with ability to identify needs and build structure to support growth
● Development experience
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Experience managing databases and working with fundraising software
● Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively and efficiently manage several detail-oriented projects simultaneously
● Proven track record of planning and implementing successful fundraising strategies
● Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
● Commitment to racial equity and Reality Ministries’ resolve to foster an anti-racist culture in this community
● Enthusiasm for being part of a team where collaboration and mutual support are highly valued
● Aligned with Reality’s mission and core values
● Benefits and Compensation: Salary Range: $47,000-$60,000, commensurate with experience, plus individual insurance benefits
● Flexible 40-hour week schedule
● Generous personal and vacation leave time policy
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement of Inclusion:
Reality Ministries is rooted in the all-inclusive love of Jesus and the belovedness of every person. Our community includes all sorts of difference: ability, race, ethnicity, faith, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity, theological perspective, socioeconomic status, citizenship, language. Committed to fostering a community of respect and standing against all forms of discrimination, we seek to be a community of welcome where inherent dignity is affirmed, diverse gifts are celebrated, and sacredness of every person is valued.
“When fund-raising as ministry calls people together in communion with God and with one another, it must hold out the real possibility of friendship and community. People have such a need for friendship and/or community that fund-raising has to be community-building.”
~Henri Nouwen, The Spirituality of Fundraising