CLI Prison Alliance is a prison ministry that began in 1996 and now serves over 1,300 prisons. CLI exists to glorify God by leading inmates to Christ and discipling them. We do this by providing God’s word through Christian books, Bibles, Bible studies, CDs, DVDs, and tracts. We connect with inmates by letter and disciple them through correspondence Bible studies.
- Department: Development\Fundraising
- This position reports to: Operations Director Classification:
- Exempt Personnel Type: Full time
Purpose and Scope of the Role: Development Director:
The purpose of the Development Director is to develop financial partnerships in order to reach the imprisoned with the gospel of Jesus Christ in the U.S. and globally. This position will insure our development efforts reach our 2020 annual budget of $1,000,000.
Duties / Responsibilities:
The Development Director will be responsible for developing and implementing CLI’s fundraising strategy. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Development Director will be responsible for major donor development and an annual banquet in Raleigh. The Development Director will expand the resources needed to fulfill CLI’s mission, through the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of financial support from individuals, churches, corporations, and foundations. The Development Director will work closely with other staff and board to support fundraising initiatives.
- Create and implement annual development plan and strategy with an emphasis on unrestricted funds. Study feasibility of capital campaigns.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential corporate and foundation sponsors, and individual donors.
- Prepare grant proposals for submission to churches, corporate, family, and private foundations.
- Manage and direct the annual banquet, which includes identifying and securing volunteers, corporate, and table sponsors. After the banquet, engage partners in ongoing service opportunities.
- Develop and grow our individual donor base.
- Work with Marketing Director in developing direct mail pieces (Christmas and Easter) and other projects as needed.
- Cultivate major gifts.
- Develop CLI Board, staff, and volunteers in fundraising.
- Give presentations about CLI at churches, clubs, businesses, and other groups.
- Conduct duties as requested by the supervisor to further CLI mission.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 5-10 years of nonprofit development experience, preferably within the Christian community.
- U.S. travel as development opportunities require.
- Qualifications and Core Competencies required:
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new accounts. Likes people and has the ability to connect with them on a personal level.
- Strong partnership-building and event planning skills
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raisers Edge.
- Friendly, outgoing, team player. Willing and able to learn new skills.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets and/or a quota.
- Proven management and leadership capabilities. Organization and time management skills.
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative. Self-starter with a strong work ethic, able to work independently.
- Strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively. Must speak, read, write, and comprehend English.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically with a thorough understanding of strategic development
- $70,000-$80,000 Annual Salary
- 15 days paid vacation
- Health plan
- Retirement fund
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you would be a good match for this position and how you meet the qualifications to Tim Curington, Operations Director.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Resumes in confidence. All inquiries are to be directed via email to email@example.com.