Job Title: Development & Communications Director
Reports To: Executive Director
Hours: Monday –Friday with occasional nights and weekends
Compensation: Full time – exempt. Health insurance, IRA, Life insurance, 2 weeks paid time off, Paid holidays, Professional development allotment. $48,000 – $58,000
Application Process: No calls or visits. Email resume & cover letter to the director at nourishnc.org. The position will remain open and posted until filled.
NourishNC (NNC) values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. NNC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship
status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.
The Development and Communications Director is responsible for overseeing all aspects of fundraising as well as growing the organization’s revenue through cultivating, soliciting, stewarding, and retaining donors. This role will be responsible for building relationships with individuals, businesses, community leaders, faith-based communities, government entities, organizations, and foundations. This person must be able to convey the importance of NNC’s work passionately and persuasively across several platforms and mediums. The role is also responsible for developing and executing strategic, integrated communication strategies that effectively position and promote the organization and its services.
This will be NNC’s first Development & Communications Director. This person has the exciting opportunity to play a significant role in leading NNC’s growth and expansion.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Fundraising (Relationships, Resources, Results)
• Create a comprehensive, diversified, yearly fundraising plan and corresponding budget. This includes grants, campaigns, major gifts, appeals (digital & print), recurring giving, online giving, events, sponsorships, reports, acknowledgments, etc.
• Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with volunteers, community and business leaders, foundations, grantors, donors, and the community at large to generate the resources needed to fulfill NNC’s mission.
• Identify, research, cultivate, solicit, and steward individual and institutional prospects and donors
• Serve as an active prospect identifier, targeting prospects and moving donors through the donor pyramid into the next giving level.
• Identify grant funding opportunities. Write grants with ED and provide reporting.
• Design all fundraising materials.
• Integrates technology into all aspects of the fundraising process as an essential tool to save time and maximize resources and as an exciting opportunity to reach donors beyond the traditional fundraising avenues.
• Monitor, evaluate, and report on revenues, expenses, goals, and timelines associated with fundraising strategies.
• Effectively manage all aspects of our CRM – Little Green Light.
• Assure accurate and complete records of all communications with donors.
• Meaningfully acknowledge, volunteers, donors, and other stakeholders
• Create and co-lead a NNC Development Committee
Communications (Effective, Engaging, and Innovative)
• Create a comprehensive plan that keeps supporters informed through comprehensive and timely communications and inspires them to support NNC’s mission.
• Execute the development and implementation of social media marketing, public and media relations, website content, communication/resource development materials, and brand management to drive awareness of NNC’s objectives and activities with the aim of expanding community awareness and helping drive donations.
• Serve as a community outreach ambassador to NNC by attending community events, speaking, tabling, etc.
• Create/design engaging content
• Engaging followers and acquiring new ones on social media accounts
• Maintaining the website by ensuring content is accurate and up-to-date.
• Write newsletter & blog posts
• Write and distribute press releases
• Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and demonstrated understanding of how issues such as race, ethnicity, color, national origin, socio-economic class, perception of disabilities, and/or other areas
of implicit bias in the larger culture can shape, distort, and harm.
• Integrity. Trustful.
• Manages and leads a part-time office assistant
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent life experience
• At least 4 years of proven experience in a similar role.
• Comprehensive knowledge of nonprofit fundraising and communication
• Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software
• Experience maintaining a donor database- Little Green Light is preferred but not mandatory
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be an effective public speaker and presenter
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Valid North Carolina driver’s license
• Pass a criminal background check (NNC may make exceptions)
• Writing samples (from semi-finalists