Position Announcement: Development Director – North Raleigh Ministries
Located in: Raleigh, NC
Are you passionate about serving your neighbor? Do you have a heart to ensure those working in our community who are struggling to make ends meet do not fall through the cracks? Do you believe no one should go hungry?
Are you called to live out your faith in a dynamic, growing ministry? Do you excel in a collaborative team that is driven by impact and supports each other like family? Are you ready to lead with your expertise and experience while continuing to learn and be curious?
Are you the first Development Director of North Raleigh Ministries?
North Raleigh Ministries equips families and individuals in crisis with the resources and skills they need to achieve stability. They are more than a thrift shop and food pantry. North Raleigh Ministries is a journey to hope and a brighter future for the low-income populations.
Over the past five years North Raleigh Ministries’ impact and team has expanded as the result of need and strategic direction. Now they are seeking their first Development Director to join their compassionate and dedicated team to help achieve their strategic vision.
What will you do as North Raleigh Ministries’ Development Director?
- Develop and drive North Raleigh Ministries’ relationship-based annual development plan in partnership with the Executive Director, board, and staff.
- Create a case for support that aligns with the strategic plan and inspires individuals and organization to invest.
- Oversee the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donor constituent groups including board, individuals, corporations, and congregations, utilizing staff and board for execution.
- Manage a personal portfolio of donors resulting in direct face to face solicitation.
- Manage the annual campaigns by developing strategy and executing the plan.
- Execute a formal stewardship plan to further engage donors and volunteers in the mission and to show appreciation for their investments.
- Work with the team to conduct fundraising events designed to increase awareness, raise funds, and offer an effective entry point to the organization as needed.
- Guide the strategy and execution of special giving opportunities such as capital campaigns or planned giving.
- Share stories of impact to motivate volunteers, board members, donors, and partners in ways that inspire support for the agency.
- Build the reputation and exposure of the organization through community outreach.
- Serve as a member of the leadership team, helping to ensure strong staff relations and fulfilment of mission, vision, and core values.
- Serve as staff liaison to Community Engagement and Fundraising Committee.
Why North Raleigh Ministries?
Since 2004, North Raleigh Ministries has helped meet the critical needs of neighbors in crisis in the North Raleigh community. They believe God desires for everyone to thrive. Just six words. For those who pour their heart into the ministry that statement means a lot. From the beginning, North Raleigh Ministries has been an extension of the church and has focused efforts on providing financial literacy and food assistance to community members in crisis.
While always leading with compassion, North Raleigh Ministries seeks to care for clients in a way that is truly meaningful; and therefore, transformed their services and client experience to be just that – meaningful. This is based on our understanding of God’s heart and love for humanity. “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” Jeremiah 29:11
This foundation of God’s desire for humanity to have hope and a future, to prosper us and not to harm us sets the tone for everything at North Raleigh Ministries.
Want to know more? Visit North Raleigh Ministries’ website at https://northraleighministries.com/.
Key lived experiences, attributes, and skillsets sought in the Development Director
- Committed to an active prayer life and living out a faithful Christian walk with a loving spirit.
- Professionally and personally uphold our core values of compassion, accountability, respect, and education.
- At least 5 years of proven leadership of a comprehensive resource development program with successful face to face solicitations of major gifts ($5,000+).
- Organized and detailed-oriented with demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments.
- Able to build and lead a collaborative team with confidence and humility.
- Ability to articulate, verbally and in writing, a passion for the mission.
- Ability to connect with individuals from all walks of life.
- Success building relationships with teammates and members of the community who can personally invest, or who can influence individual, congregational, or corporate giving.
- High energy connector whose default is to engage the community to increase awareness of the organization.
- Success working with a non-profit board of directors and fundraising committees.
- Demonstrated understanding of using data to drive fundraising efforts and CRM database experience.
- Experience with capital campaigns is favored.
Are you North Raleigh Ministries Development Director??
To apply, click on the link to the Development Director – North Raleigh Ministries position profile at ArmstrongMcGuire.com/apply. You will see instructions for uploading your compelling cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and professional references. Please provide all requested information to be considered. In case of any technical problems, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please, and no applications will be accepted by email or directly from third-party posting sites.
The deadline to apply is October 8, 2021.
Salary is commensurate with candidate experience and size of North Raleigh Ministries’ operating budget. Benefits include health and life insurance, short and long-term disability, SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with 3% matching, 10 paid holidays, and accrued vacation and sick time.
North Raleigh Ministries actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates. It is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.