Do you envision a North Carolina with healthy, bountiful, and diverse flora and fauna that is valued by all its people and sustainably managed for future generations?
Do you thrive igniting passion for wildlife and habitat in others? Is building relationships with a wide array of stakeholders your superpower?
Are you the next Philanthropy Associate for North Carolina Wildlife Federation?
North Carolina Wildlife Federation (NCWF) brings together citizens, outdoor enthusiasts, hunters and anglers, government, and industry to protect, conserve, and restore North Carolina wildlife and habitat.
NCWF is seeking a Philanthropy Associate to join its statewide philanthropy and communications team and help generate over $2 million in revenue with expected expansive growth in 3-5 years.
What will you do as North Carolina Wildlife Federation’s next Philanthropy Associate?
• Working closely with the VP of Philanthropy and CEO, identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward individuals in support of NCWF’s vision, mission, and work.
• Effectively represent and articulate the work of NCWF, presenting a compelling case for support with a focus on conservation challenges and how NCWF is a solution.
• Manage a portfolio of 100 donors to increase their investment, concentrating on growing gifts of $10,000+.
• Seek to understand donor conservation interests and concerns and philanthropic capacity and priorities with a goal of increasing investment.
• Understanding of charitable bequests and other planned giving vehicles.
• Organize and prep CEO, program staff, and board members for the cultivation and solicitation of major gift prospects.
• Utilize NCWF’s CRM, DonorPerfect to track donor interactions and research and report on fundraising results and contact outcomes.
• Use WealthEngine and other research tools to qualify donors for major & planned gifts.
• Stay abreast of changes and innovations in federal and state tax laws that may be relevant to major gifts prospects and donors for either outright or planned gifts.
• Draft proposals and reports for prospects and donors, working closely with program staff to ensure accurate outcomes and compelling stories.
Why North Carolina Wildlife Federation?
Since 1945, North Carolina Wildlife Federation has worked for all wildlife and habitat bringing together citizens, outdoor enthusiasts, hunters and anglers, government, and industry to protect North Carolina’s natural resources. From the Great Smoky Mountains to the Outer Banks, our non-profit 501c3 organization is made up of people who value wildlife and wild places and the many ways to enjoy them.
Engaging the natural world is a cornerstone of NCWF history and philosophy. Supporting access to wild places and opportunities to enjoy them is a defining feature of our organization as well as encouraging people to see their own yard as a habitat for wildlife and connecting with nature by gardening for it. We work collectively for the places and species that have no voice through our policy and protection work, research and education, and direct hands-on conservation projects.
All our policy decisions and conservation projects are based on the best available science and fortified by a network representing a variety of wildlife and outdoor interests.
Our strength is derived from values-driven leadership – science-based decision-making; a non-partisan approach to policy; stewardship of North Carolina’s natural resources; inclusivity of broad wildlife interests and perspectives; and partnering with organizations and individuals who share our vision and our passion for wildlife.
NCWF celebrates diversity and is committed to building a conservation community that represents and includes all. By doing so, everyone feels welcome and valued as an essential partner in protecting and advocating for habitat and wildlife. Just as ecosystems thrive from diversity, so does NCWF and the cause.
NCWF is currently led by a 22-member board of directors, a staff of 20, and over 1,200 dedicated volunteers. The budget is $2.2M and revenue is generated through private donations, grants, and special events and programs.
Want to know more? Visit North Carolina Wildlife Federation’s website at https://ncwf.org.
Key lived experiences, attributes, and skillsets sought in the Philanthropy Associate
• A lived commitment to NCWF’s vision, mission, and values.
• Demonstrated success as a front-line fundraiser, including comfort with securing up to 7-figure gifts.
• An active listener and compassionate relationship builder, with a clear understanding of donor-centered fundraising.
• A dynamic, self-starter that thrives working with autonomy and as part of a collaborative team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Understanding of donor research and major donor pipeline processes.
• Knowledge of and ability to use fundraising databases, wealth screening software, and donor research tools.
• A valid driver’s license and the ability and willingness to travel throughout the state with a geographic focus on Raleigh east to the coast.
Think you are the next North Carolina Wildlife Federation Philanthropy Associate?
To apply, click on the link to the Philanthropy Associate position profile at
ArmstrongMcGuire.com/jobs. You will see instructions for uploading your compelling cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and professional references. Please provide all requested information to be considered. In case of any technical problems, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please, and no applications will be accepted by email or directly from third-party posting sites.
The review of candidates will begin in July 2022 and continue until the position is filled.
The salary range for this position is $50,000-65,000 and benefits include medical, life, short and long-term disability insurance; pension plan; accrued vacation and sick time; and 10 paid holidays.
NCWF honors, respects, and embraces people of any age, gender, race, color, nationality, physical/intellectual/emotional abilities, political affiliation, religion, or spirituality. We ask our staff, board of directors, partners, friends, and visitors to show consideration and respect for each other, in the true spirit of the Federation. NCWF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.