Associate Director of Alumni & Donor Relations
Vacancy Type: SAAO Tier II
Is Internal Transfer Only: No
Working Title: Associate Director of Alumni & Donor Relations
Salary Range: Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with education and experience
Position Number: 00102357
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri 8-5 with occasional nights/weekends
Full-Time Equivalent (FTE): 1.00
Department: 170101 – College of Sciences – Dean
Department: College of Sciences – Deans Office
Job City & State: Raleigh, NC
Primary Function of Organizational Unit: The mission of the Office of College Advancement is to enhance, promote and support the academic, research, and service programs of the College of Sciences at NC State University.
Essential Job Duties:
The Associate Director of Alumni & Donor Relations is responsible for working with the Director of Alumni & Donor Relations to develop and implement the College’s annual giving program by assisting in the creation of a comprehensive annual giving schedule and plan, in collaboration with central Annual Giving at the University.
The Associate Director of Alumni & Donor Relations will solicit individual donors for targeted fundraising appeals, including but not limited to direct mail, email, and phonathon. The person in this position will work closely with and help the College of Sciences Development Officers identify and qualify new prospects, creating a pipeline of leadership annual giving and major gift donors.
In addition, the Associate Director will help develop, implement, and participate in stewardship activities and events that acknowledge the ongoing impact of private philanthropy to the College. The Associate Director will oversee the College’s Alumni/Student Networking Program and will manage the donor stewardship component of the College’s undergraduate scholarship awards. The Associate Director will occasionally be asked to participate in the writing and preparation of private grants and to solicit corporate support for event sponsorships. This position will also help plan and execute high-quality meetings and events, including development, stewardship, and public outreach events that reflect the high stature and academic mission of the College and University. In order to increase the pipeline of major gift donors, the Associate Director will monitor and analyze gift reports, research reports and internal databases to identify new major gift prospects.
The Associate Director will develop reports as needed using the Advance database to identify prospects for various purposes and manage data requests for the team. In addition, the individual in this position may be asked to help coordinate and schedule visits for regional travel as well as develop and prepare appropriate briefing, research and informational materials for prospect/donor visits. Inclusiveness and diversity are critical to the success of the College of Sciences and the University.
The selected candidate will be expected to foster an environment that is supportive and welcoming of all groups.
The Associate Director of Alumni & Donor Relations will work closely with the Advancement team to build relationships with our constituents in support of our mission.
This position will be the team’s primary liaison to central Annual Giving and Stewardship and will work closely with the College’s Marketing and Communications and Academic Affairs teams to promote advancement activities.
All functions require independent initiative and sound judgment, as well as close collaboration within the College and University Advancement.
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree with 3 to 5 years of experience in higher education development, event management, stewardship, or a related field.
Departmental Required Skills
- Must have demonstrated ability to build effective internal and external relationships and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and have strong organizational and project management experience with a high attention to detail.
- Needs to have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have a positive attitude, be a team player, and have the ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work well with faculty, administrators, volunteers, and other advancement and development colleagues as part of a team in a large, complex research university.
- Must have the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as required.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
Preferred experience in higher education fundraising within a comprehensive campaign.
Knowledge of the development process and Donor cycle; direct experience in annual giving, stewardship, and events in a higher education environment; and familiarity with NC State University.
High level of computer literacy with experience with development databases is preferred.
Required License or Certification: n/a
Job Open Date: 08/03/2020
Anticipated Closing Date: 08/17/2020
Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies? No
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or email@example.com. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If the highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to the start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Supplemental Question Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
1. * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- Job Alert (automated email from our system)
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Monster.com CareerBuilder.com
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Radio / Television Advertisement
- Professional Organization Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
2. If you learned about this vacancy from “other source” or “other website”, please provide the source. (Open Ended Question)
3. * Do you have (or will you have by date of hire) a bachelor’s degree or higher?
4. * Please briefly describe your experience in fundraising, annual giving, event management, stewardship, or a related field. (Open Ended Question)
5. * What does philanthropy mean to you? (Open Ended Question)
6. * What motivates you to be successful? (Open Ended Question)
Application Materials Required
2. Cover Letter
3. Contact Information for References
NC STATE UNIVERSITY
RALEIGH, NC 27695
PHONE: (919) 515-2011
Privacy (https://www.ncsu.edu/privacy) Accessibility (https://accessibility.ncsu.edu/) Emergency Information (https://www.ncsu.edu/emergency-information/) Policies (https://policies.ncsu.edu/) NC State Home (https://www.ncsu.edu/)