The North Carolina Housing Coalition seeks a dynamic and experienced Development Director to develop and implement the overall fundraising strategy and to seek out opportunities to grow and sustain both the programmatic and the advocacy work of the Coalition. The Development Director will work with the Executive Director, staff, and Board of Directors to fulfill the organization’s fundraising goals with the support of the Membership and Communications Officer.
This is an exempt, full-time position. While our offices are based in Durham, North Carolina, the Coalition is set up to work remotely from anywhere in the state. The Development Director reports to the Executive Director.
About the NC Housing Coalition
For more than 30 years, the North Carolina Housing Coalition’s mission has been to lead a movement to ensure that every North Carolinian has a home in which to live with dignity and opportunity. The Coalition convenes, resources, and mobilizes affordable housing stakeholders to shift the statewide conversation about housing need in order to accomplish long-term systems change at all levels of government.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Support the Board of Directors and the Executive Director in all aspects of fundraising and development that continue to grow the budget of a $1.6 million organization, including:
○ Development of a robust major donor program, including researching
and cultivating new donor relationships, solicitation, and stewardship
○ Deepening the engagement with the Coalition’s base of membership
organizations, and growing the organizational membership base;
○ Pursuing new funding from foundations and other grants by researching grant opportunities in consultation with the Executive Director;
● With the help of the Membership and Communications Officer:
○ Manage organizational grants calendar and edit and draft grant
applications as needed;
○ Maintain the integrity of the organization’s donor database, and ensure
accurate data entry and timely gift acknowledgment; and
● Assist in marketing and communications in a way that integrates development work with the organization’s programs, advocacy, and communications.
Successful and proven track record in non-profit and/or political fundraising;
● 3-5 years of progressively responsible management in development and
● Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with a wide range of diverse supporters;
● Excellent administrative and project management skills;
● Ability to do overnight travel occasionally across the state or the country; and
● Deep commitment to equity as a fundamental value of their work, particularly racial equity.
● Salary range begins at $60,000 and will be commensurate with the experience and background of the successful applicant; and
● NC Housing Coalition also offers health benefits, retirement match, and
opportunities for professional development.
Please send a resume, references, and a cover letter that highlights your fundraising track record to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Development Director” by March 10, 2021.