Title: Assistant Director, Annual Giving
Working Title: Assistant Director for Data Analytics and Reporting, Annual Giving
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department ID: 082101 – University Development
Supervisor Title: Associate Director, Annual Giving Data Analytics and Reporting
About NC State:
North Carolina State University (NC State) was founded in 1887 with the purpose of creating economic, societal and intellectual prosperity for the people of North Carolina. Today it is the largest university in North Carolina with more than 34,000 high-performing students, 8,000 pre-eminent faculty and staff and 205,000 alumni. NC State is known for its leadership in research, education and service and as a research extensive university, is recognized for its strengths in science, engineering and technology. The University consistently ranks among the top public national universities and one of the best values in higher education.
Primary Function of Organizational Unit – University Development:
The mission of University Development within the Division of University Advancement at NC State is to raise philanthropic support for university goals and priorities that benefit our students, faculty, this campus and ultimately, the state of North Carolina. The department includes the offices of Annual Giving, Central Major Gifts, Corporate and Foundation Relations and Gift Planning.
In 2016, NC State launched the Think & Do the Extraordinary Campaign, the most ambitious fundraising effort in the history of the university with a $1.6 billion goal. Priorities include dramatically increasing endowment to benefit students and faculty, enhancing facilities and strengthening support for current operations.
Primary Purpose of Position / Job Summary:
The Assistant Director for Data Analytics and Reporting in the Office of Annual Giving reports to the Associate Director for Data Analytics and Reporting and supports the technological solutions with the goal of improving operational performance and efficiency. This position will serve as a part of the University Development’s team and will work to support and collaborate with all areas of University Advancement in conjunction with the Think & Do the Extraordinary Campaign.
The Assistant Director for Data Analytics and Reporting is responsible for working with the Associate Director managing the assessment and execution of various technology
solutions in a cost‐effective to further manage strategies, mailings, segmentation and campaigns for all broad-based marketing channels. In addition, the Assistant Director will lead with reporting and service as a primary data liaison to college on technical solutions, metrics, and performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the primary system administrator for technologies managed by Annual Giving (VanillaSoft, SignalVine, RNL’s Campus Call, etc).
- Collaborate with the Annual Giving team to develop and reach annual goals and objectives for various audiences and channels; create, implement and assess segmentation, fundraising and marketing strategies for phone, mail, and web/digital channels.
- Identify and implement technological solutions with goal of improving operational performance and efficiency.
- Liaise with other campus technology administrators to ensure proper use of Advancement systems (Advance, SAS, Blackbaud, etc.)
- Develop an understanding, carry out and document the process for extracting and processing solicitation data through available technology systems and aligning with best practices.
- Perform proactive data analytics and data mining using tools for predictive modeling, clustering, and other data science methodologies.
- Address key questions around solicitation structures, clustering for segmentation, and effectiveness of current fundraising practices through data mining efforts.
- Coordinate with Annual Giving colleagues on technical and strategic aspects of implementation related to analytics findings.
- Serve as the primary person responsible for the appeal code reporting, college-based reporting, and management of the university-wide solicitation calendar.
- Review college-based report requests for alignment with best practices and Annual Giving strategy.
- Utilize data and reporting information to strategically enhance fundraising and marketing efforts.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the assigned college(s) and unit(s) and provide regular updates to both teams.
- Follow emerging trends and best practices in annual giving direct marketing, technology, and analytics.
Perform other duties as required or assigned. Attend a variety of events throughout the year. Occasional travel and occasional night and weekend work is required.
Post-baccalaureate credentials or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, complex, team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Mac OSX and Windows desktop environments
- Ability to work independently, to be creative and exercise initiative
- High energy level and strong drive to be successful
- Unquestioned integrity in dealing with confidential information
- Open and accessible interpersonal style; good listener
- Optimistic, persistent and positive attitude
Preferred Experience, Skills, Credentials, Qualifications:
- Proven experience (typically two or more years of professional experience and program management) in fundraising, or data analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, social sciences, computer science, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and ethics of fundraising
- An understanding of the land grant, research Tier One university environment
- Familiarity with NC State University and the Triangle
Number of Permanent Employees This Position Supervises: 0
Certification or Licensure Requirements: A valid North Carolina Driver’s License is required within 60 days of the start date. Must be maintained as a condition of employment.
Anticipated Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience
To apply for this postion: https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/135707