About the Department
The NC State Alumni Association is a membership organization that serves alumni and friends of the university through programs and communication that fosters pride and engagement.
The Engagement Team is responsible for effectively engaging alumni and friends with the university. They accomplish this function by organizing events, executing communication strategies, creating new programs and building partnerships that help foster alumni pride in the university. They also manage a network of alumni volunteers who each have responsibility for organizing alumni engagement activities in their geographic areas.
Essential Job Duties
Primary duties of the Assistant Director of Constituency Engagement include, but are not limited to:
Volunteer and Network Consultation
- Providing advice and counsel to volunteer alumni leaders in planning and conducting a variety of social, educational, and community service activities and events.
- Conducting analysis of existing alumni network offerings to provide recommendations to network leaders on options to enhance the scope of their offerings.
- Promoting communication and interaction between the university community, alumni, parents, and friends of NC State through organizational assistance, supervision, and coordination with volunteers.
- Providing input on the volunteer training process.
Event Planning and Conducting Presentations: This includes the planning, set-up, greeting attendees, presentations as necessary, breakdowns and after event follow-up as needed.
- Independently assessing the needs of a constituency group of alumni to determine appropriate types of events to meet those needs and then work with network leaders to plan, execute, and follow up on alumni network events.
- Support program planning alongside alumni network leaders in planning programs, arranging for speakers and coordinating the preparation, publication and advance publicity for these events.
- Traveling in and out of state on both nights and weekends as the representative of the university at alumni gatherings will be required.
- Preparing and delivering presentations on behalf of the university suited to the needs of various alumni audiences.
- Managing relationships with both internal and external Alumni Association partners and operate as main Alumni Association representative for assigned networks.
- Coordinating and administer assigned network programs and manage associated program resources. Work with volunteers and other staff to identify and secure additional resources for constituency programming in the form of sponsorships.
- Participating in developing and expanding Alumni Engagement Team goals, objectives and strategies.
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Other Required Qualifications
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Strong organizational and volunteer management skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with competing priority levels.
- Ability to interact with alumni, donors, faculty, and staff.
- 2-5 years of experience related to the area of assignment.
- BA/BS preferably in communication, parks, recreation and tourism management, or related field.
- Experience in a position that required significant public contact.
- Experience in alumni affairs and/or program administration to plan and coordinate activities and events for alumni.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $46,000 – $53,000
To Apply: https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/150212