Essential Job Duties:
The Assistant Director will report to the Executive Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations and works in close collaboration with constituents across campus and within University Advancement to plan, develop and implement relationships with the University’s corporate partners. Corporate Partners are the backbone of this division and the relationships fortified by this team will make the difference in securing the necessary funds to meet our University Campaign goal of ensuring we are maximizing our fundraising potential. The Corporate & Foundations Relations team are currently discovering new opportunities to compete for funding. Developing short and long-term strategies for programing and events to align our corporate partnerships effectively and efficiently.
In collaboration with the Executive Director, the Assistant Director will develop and implement measures for evaluating the effectiveness of office related activities, which tracks progress, analyzes results, and benchmarks against peers, etc. In addition, the Assistant Director will also be responsible for the preparation of ad hoc and standard reports that will provide status updates to the Associate Vice Chancellor, Vice Chancellor, University Advancement, College/Unit administrators and managers, UNC General Administration (UNC System Office), consultants, and professional fund raising associations and organizations, etc. The Assistant Director will interact at a high level with the Associate Vice Chancellor’s office and must embrace the opportunity to work as a collaborative partner with a wide variety of colleagues involved in advancing the University. The Assistant Director, Corporate and Foundation will be expected to build relationships with other campus stakeholders, including the Chancellor’s Office, Provost’s Office, University Advancement as well as leads of colleges, departments and relevant university units, centers, and institutes. By strategically stewarding relationships with campus stakeholders to foster interdisciplinary collaborations among NC State faculty and with current and potential industry partners. The Assistant Director will be able to focus sponsorships of up to $25,000, and identify new capacity opportunities for the Corporate & Foundation Relations team.
Essential job duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Develop techniques and events that bring donors to the table and move beyond discovery status while working towards regular, current use proposals
- Identify participating organizations from engagement events for proposal opportunities in support of developing of new partnerships
- Developing short and long term strategies for programming; monitoring progress and evaluating success of programs and invents to create deeper organization engagement across campus
- Preparing and submitting proposals for projects and sponsorship opportunities in the $25,000 – $50,000 range
- Project development and project management skills are critical.
- Must have the ability to develop and manage detailed Annual reports for top donors highlighting partnership successes to enhance donor experience with the university. These reports will be crucial to building knowledge and awareness of the depth of the partnerships to solidify long-term partnerships with multiple parties at the organization.
- Managing invitation lists to ensure local VIPs from organization and C-suite partners are invited to appropriate university events and prepared to be considered for advisory board roles, building toward deeper engagement and significant proposal opportunities.
- Utilize tools such as annual reports and scorecards that define an organization’s engagement at the university to help organizations expand their partnership and giving levels, developing into top partners.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high project-volume environment.
- Open and accessible interpersonal style.
- Preparing pre- and post-event analysis, and assess opportunities and make recommendations for improving service to internal and external constituencies.
- Work with Administrative Assistant for the CFR team to ensure regular reports and projects are completely in a timely fashion.
- Represent Corporate and Foundation Relations, University Development, Advancement, and the University at special functions and on appropriate committees.
Minimum Experience and Education:
Master’s degree with at least three (3) years of related professional experience or a Bachelor’s degree with at least five (5) years of relevant experience.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word and Excel, and Google applications
- Excellent organizational skills and unquestionable integrity.
- Pays close attention to detail and exercises thorough project follow-up.
- Excellent verbal communication skills; outstanding writing ability.
- Ability to advocate institutional priorities to an external audience. Strong communication (written & verbal) and organizational skills.
- Problem-solving, research and analytical skills
- Experience with professional event, conference or large meeting planning
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to work independently to manage competing priorities and multi-task across events and initiatives
- Ability to work as part of a team in a goal oriented environment
- Ability to articulate a strong case for support and write persuasive requests for support, letters and other donor communications
- Confidence in speaking with donors at events and through email, mail, and phone
- Broad knowledge of and ability to interact effectively in a comprehensive research university setting.
- Event Management and project management experience
- Familiarity with NC State University
Link to Apply: https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/146256