Job Title: Development Associate
Reports to: VP, Development & Strategy
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Cultivate and strengthen relationships with corporate stakeholders, including existing sponsors, prospects, Board members, and volunteers.
• Pursue ongoing, meaningful contacts with key corporate partners and prospects through tours, meetings, and events.
• Support proposal creation, promotions, and other mission messaging directed toward corporate partners.
• Oversee activation of corporate partnership contracts, including benefits fulfillment, recognition implementation, and other stewardship efforts.
• Work with the Development team to create and implement stewardship strategies for corporate and institutional partners, including acknowledgment letters, benefits fulfillment, and recognition implementation aligned with partnership agreements and donor benefit levels.
• Communicate partner benefits (tickets, discounts, space usage) to the internal Marbles team.
• Manage, review, and record institutional partnership contracts including assessment of annual benefits, implementation of evaluation and reporting requirements.
• Lead planning and execution for annual donor stewardship events and/or communications.
Proposal Creation and Grant Writing
• Support proposal creation for corporate, foundation, and government partners.
• Manage grant process in partnership with other Development team members, including research, writing, and reporting.
• Support the Imagination Ball fundraising gala by securing sponsors, supporting guest communications, and contributing to auction efforts.
• Support BIG IDEA corporate luncheon by securing sponsors, supporting guest/sponsor communications, and contributing to program planning.
• Play an active role in the year-round execution of stewardship and fundraising events and programs, including Imagination Ball, BIG IDEA, donor cultivation events, board-related events, and stewardship events (Giving Tuesday Breakfast, exhibit openings).
• Perform all other duties assigned by the manager.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• 3-5 years of fundraising or related experience, with a focus on events and relationship management.
• Proficiency with Microsoft products and familiarity with CRM software such as Tessitura, OneCause, and/or BidPal.
• Superb organizational and project management skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work well independently and on a team.
• Collaborative and creative, with a passion for philanthropy.
The Development Associate position is full-time with benefits. Flexibility is required of all team members to work occasional evenings or weekends for special events and peak season support
Marbles Kids Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment opportunities because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, disability, genetic information, or any other federal, state or local protected class.
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Health Savings and flexible spending accounts
• Life and AD&D insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability
• Parking and commuter benefits
• Paid time off for 17 vacation days and 9 holidays
• Eligible to participate in the Company’s 401k program with employer matching after a waiting period
• Employee Assistance Program
• Great Marbles Perks & Discounts
• Fitness Benefits
To Apply: Development Associate – Marbles Kids Museum – Career Page (applytojob.com)