Job Title: Director of Development
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Raleigh NC
FLSA Status: Full-time, exempt
Application Deadline: March 1, 2021
The Director of Development will work with the Board of Directors and Executive Director on initiatives such as organizing large-scale fundraising events when safe to do so, cultivating and establishing relationships with donors, implementing major giving and planned giving fundraising strategies, and establishing a culture of philanthropy at the LGBT Center of Raleigh.
- Collaborate, design, and implement fundraising strategies and goals
- Manage all fundraising campaigns, including individual giving, corporate, foundation, and government funding
- Coordinate, support, and manage logistics for all events including volunteer and donor appreciation events and the annual community leadership awards and gala. Including but is not limited to: Manage all logistics in collaboration with gala awards co-chairs, committees, and (possibly) event planners and manage relationships with sponsors, and the event budget
- Cultivate ongoing relationships with donors
- Support donor relationships by scheduling meetings, taking notes, and manage Click and Pledge (the organization’s donor management software)
- Draft grant proposals and reports and maintain the development calendar
- Ensure timely and accurate report deliveries to funders
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Create and execute annual appeals
- 3-5 years of fundraising experience and nonprofit sector experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional analytical abilities aligned with the organization’s objectives with available funding opportunities
- Commitment to the vision, mission, and values of the LGBT Center.
- Knowledge and experience working with LGBTQ+ communities.
- Access to transportation as needed to complete job responsibilities.
- The LGBT Center will consider applicants with all levels of education.
- CFRE preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and professional writing sample to LLughes@LGBTCenterofRaleigh.com.
The LGBT Center of Raleigh is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be representative of LGBTQ+ people at the intersections of multiple identities and lived experiences. LGBTQ+ people who are people of color, immigrants, refugees, people living with disabilities, people who are low-income, and hold other marginalized identities are encouraged to apply. The LGBT Center of Raleigh seeks to foster a fully inclusive work culture and expects all employees to further that as part of their commitment to our organizational vision, mission, and values.