POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: Director of Donor Engagement
LOCATED IN: Smithfield, North Carolina
THE LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITY
The Director of Donor Engagement is responsible for leading the strategic development and execution of annual and long-range plans to engage, identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward philanthropic support for Johnston Community College Foundation. The Director is responsible for taking the lead in establishing and reaching determined goals and is the key staff member driving the pipeline process. The Director personally manages an individual portfolio of at least 120 prospects – securing major gifts of $10,000 plus. The Director works alongside the Vice President of Advancement and the Director of Annual Fund and Alumni Relations to strengthen relationships campus and community-wide to increase philanthropic support for Johnston Community College.
To learn more about Johnston Community College Foundation, see their website at https://www.johnstoncc.edu/foundation/.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates and works cross functionally with all college/division partners to develop strategies for the identification, engagement, solicitation, and stewardship of prospects and donors to Johnston Community College.
- Develops and executes long- and short-term prospect management plans and solicitation strategies, prepares written prospect management plans, identify specific purpose and gift level for each prospect, draft proposals and engage in ongoing cultivation of and correspondence with potential and existing donors to Johnston Community College.
- Prepares and implements strategic pipeline plans that align with mission-critical needs of the College and is responsible for meeting annual goals based on prospect discovery, constituent qualifications, corporate solicitations, and creative proposals to meet the needs of the College and the donor.
- Manages a personal portfolio of approximately 120 prospects and donors to Johnston Community College actively soliciting gifts and completing follow-up reports documenting activities as well as those related to closing gifts and stewarding donors.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors that have the capacity to make current or deferred major gifts of $10,000 plus.
- Recruit, engage, and manage volunteer committees and effectively utilize volunteers to assist with the fundraising efforts in order to meet goals and objectives.
- Co-manage JCC Foundation Development Committee activities and goals.
- Collaborate with Vice President and colleagues to establish fundraising goals and strategies for the Division and Foundation. Build, write, and execute annual plan, regularly monitor, and evaluate progress toward achieving objectives.
- Assist with planning and participate in all events as necessary.
- Assist with staffing events involving functions within the Advancement Division and College-wide events, as needed.
- Endorse college priorities and image to constituents serving as front line staff to promote college goals and objectives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Director should possess the following key attributes:
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in direct fundraising in a higher education or non-profit setting is required.
- Vast experience establishing strategic plans to enhance fundraising efforts.
- Experience utilizing Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
- Experience in higher education is preferred.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively on the telephone and in person.
- Ability to use Microsoft’s products like Word and Excel.
Salary: $51,509.00 – $77,264.00 Annually
Armstrong McGuire & Associates, based in Raleigh, NC, is launching this search and conducting the initial screening in partnership with Johnston Community College Foundation. To apply, upload a cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements to ArmstrongMcGuire.com/apply. The deadline to apply is Sept. 6, 2021. In case of any technical problems, contact email@example.com. No phone calls, please, and no applications will be accepted by email.