Inter-Faith Food Shuttle envisions a hunger free community. We feed our neighbors, teach self-sufficiency, grow healthy food, and cultivate innovative approaches to end hunger. As a member of Feeding America, the Food Shuttle distributes over 8 million pounds of food per year, 26% of which is fresh produce. From Senior Grocery Bags, Backpack Buddies and School Pantries; to Community Health Education and Mobile Markets; Catering and Culinary Job Training; and Community Gardening and a 14-Acre Farm; we go directly to the point of need to empower people and overcome the burden of hunger.
The Development Database Analyst & Prospect Researcher is a full-time exempt position with the primary responsibility of maintaining and managing the donor information systems to ensure that all donor records are complete and accurate, and all gift data is recorded accurately and timely. This includes gift processing, managing data import and data entry, data extraction, preparing acknowledgment letters, creating development reports and dashboards, analyzing donor data to identify development trends, conduct research on current and prospective donors, and other related activities. This role is a resource for the development team, answering questions, running queries, and making updates to the system as needed and serves as the key point of contact for monthly reconciliation of all contributions with the finance department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include (this list is not intended to be exhaustive, rather an overview):
- Manage and maintain donor information in CRM (Donor Perfect) with a focus on integrity, updates, and corrections.
- Manage processing of all gifts via mail, credit card, online, wire and stock transfer, monthly donor credit card expirations.
- Establish standards, provide training, and enforce staff utilization of the CRM database for updating donor information.
- Develop, track, and produce reports, exports, and lists for development projects including the annual report, mailings, recognition lists, annual event and other cultivation events, management and board reports, acknowledgements, and other related activities.
- Gift Processing: generate accurate financial and analytical reports, develop, and implement policies to guide gift entry, and ensure that the database effectively captures donor gift information; develop reports to validate gift data and correct anomalies as needed. Oversee redemption of Matching Gifts in a timely manner including verifying donations and submitting required paperwork. Track outstanding pledges and produce pledge reminders as appropriate, working with finance to ensure all gifts and payments are reconciled monthly. Providing tax statements when requested or as needed.
- Direct Mail: provide donor and suppression files for each mailing, enter key codes for acquisition and renewal pieces, prepare monthly and annual Direct Mail reports for analysis and planning.
- Events: Processing event RSVPS; preparing registration/ticket sales, donation reports for committee meetings; managing in-kind donation process for events (collecting forms, recording in database, acknowledgements); and supporting post-event processing, data entry, acknowledgements, etc.
- To otherwise support the VP of Advancement and the Development team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience; min. 3-5 years’ experience using and managing donor management software systems required, Donor Perfect experience preferred.
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Desire to work in a mission-driven, nonprofit organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, Spanish a plus.
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of fundraising policies and nonprofit conventions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook and Excel.
Analytical Thinking: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
Fostering Teamwork: As a team member, the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on the team; listens and responds constructively to other team member’s ideas. Provides assistance, information, or other support to others, to build or maintain relationships with them.
Customer Orientation: The ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying one’s external and internal customers.
Flexibility: The ability to be open to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things.
Thoroughness: Ensures that one’s own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations. Sets up procedures to ensure quality of work (e.g., reports); monitors the quality of work, verifies information
General office environment with occasional off-site meetings
Long periods sitting at a desk and computer screen, repetitive motion related to data entry.
Please send resume and cover letter to recruiter@FoodShuttle.org
Inter-Faith Food Shuttle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to build a team of individuals from diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences.