Coordinate scholarship administration to private college and university students (50%):
- Work extensively with financial aid directors and scholarship coordinators at member institutions to maintain database of scholarship recipients and to ensure integrity and accuracy in scholarship recipient selections based on criteria set forth by donors.
- Coordinate gift announcements to institutions.
- Manage scholarship reporting to donors and affiliate organizations (state, federal, foundations, etc.).
- Create Student Selection Forms for scholarships.
- Work with Director and CPA on scholarship distribution figures.
- Work with Director of Communications to prepare materials for donors announcing the names of scholarship recipients.
Accounting for $2M+ in annual scholarship donations from corporations, foundations, and individuals (20%):
- Oversee and manage gift-tracking process from receipt of gifts to annual distribution: gift receipts, ICFNC board chair thank-you letters, distribution checks, letters to presidents and instruction memos to financial aid.
- Manage database to maintain donor information, gifts, reports, and fundraising analyses.
- Manage bank accounts in QuickBooks including reconciliations, generation of reports and check requests, and correspondences with auditor.
- Reconciliation of donor database and QuickBooks to ensure accuracy.
Facilitate monthly solicitation mailings to donors (15%):
- Prepare solicitation materials (letters, pledge cards, follow-ups, etc.) as part of solicitation schedule.
- Complete online grants.
Donor relations (15%):
- Research prospective donors and participate in prospect management discussions.
- Assist with donor follow up.
- Assist Director with grant research and submission.
- Prepare information for NCICU/ICFNC Annual Report, Newsletter, and updates to Advisory Board.
- Act in the role of the director in his/her absence.
- Manage Business Affiliates memberships.
- Assist with planning of the NCICU Development Conference.
- Assist with NCICU events and programs.
- Comfortable answering phones as a backup.
- Some travel for Administrative Group Meetings and Donor Visits.
- Consult with Director of IT regarding database conversion.
- Baccalaureate degree.
- Four years of experience working in development.
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to collaborate as a team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects, meet deadlines, problem-solve and multi-task.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and Salesforce or other CRM databases, and QuickBooks.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 8:30 – 5:30 Occasional nights and weekends. Work in office.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit one document that includes your resume and cover letter to Colleen Kinser at email@example.com.