HonorBridge has offices in Greenville, Raleigh/Durham, and Winston-Salem, NC. The location of this postion is Raleigh/Durham, NC.
HonorBridge is the federally designated organ procurement organization serving 7.2 million people in 72 counties of North Carolina and Danville, Virginia. Our service area includes 100 hospitals, and four transplant centers that perform heart, lung, liver, kidney, and pancreas transplants.
Our team of dedicated professionals work diligently to increase the awareness of the need for organ and tissue donors and to deliver the most sensitive approach to organ and tissue donation. We perform public and professional education, as well as coordinate the entire organ and tissue donation process.
Interested in saving lives, mission-driven work, and building our brand? If so, HonorBridge is seeking a positive, energetic, and highly motivated individual with strong initiative to join our team.
Job Summary: Leads the organization’s fundraising initiatives, creates and manages special events, solicitation campaigns, develops policies, and drives opportunities for funding areas of new building.
Contributes to HonorBridge’s Mission by being devoted to building connections that save and heal lives through organ and tissue donation.
- Achieves job functions in alignment with HonorBridge values.
- Trust – Honor the trust that people place in us.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – We work as one. We celebrate all.
- Service – Commit to service excellence.
- Innovation – Embrace the power of innovation.
- Passion – Live our passion for healing lives.
- Adheres to HonorBridge’s policies, procedures, and standards.
- Builds caring and compassionate relationships.
- Consistently demonstrates effective communication.
- Promotes teamwork to ensure success at HonorBridge.
- Follows CDS policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively promotes a harmonious work environment.
- Consistently demonstrates team building and effective communications.
- Creates and updates fundraising policies.
- In collaboration with other departments, identifies and implements an integrated CRM (customer relations management) software system for short- and long-term use.
- Creates and leads a revenue driven program motivated by priority relationships, account management, events, and fundraising activities.
- Identifies and manages fundraising software for social media, website, direct mail, and external events.
- Develops and leads internal committee to identify key initiatives to financially support.
- Creates employee and board of director funding and solicitation campaigns.
- Determines and monitors financial expenditures and progress to budget and takes appropriate measures to ensuring a high return on investment.
- Establishes and achieves aggressive goals, including metrics for dollars raised, solicitations planned/submitted/closed, and weekly/monthly visit goals.
- Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with existing contributors to ensure retention.
- Oversees an acknowledgement plan for all gifts to the organization that personalizes the relationship through CRM software.
- Oversees the annual fundraising plan which includes an annual appeal, newsletters, and board reports by working collaboratively with Director of Marketing & Communications.
- Manages initiatives that establishes long-term awareness and fundraising efforts, such as a planned giving program that obtains support through wills, bequests, and other forms of estate planning.
- Oversees contributor cultivation and recognition strategies and programs.
- Evaluates and implements event initiatives by determining goals for each event, evaluating packaging for repeatability and business benefit for sponsorship opportunities.
Building Investment Accountabilities
- Creates and manages realistic building campaign goals, strategies, and timeline for implementation.
- Identifies prospective individual and corporate contributors and partners.
- Builds relationships with key contacts.
- Develops needed solicitation materials.
- Working with President & CEO, COO and Director or Marketing & Communications secures and participates in meetings with potential contributors.
- Leads the development of relationships and engagement of target partners, organizations, corporations, and individuals.
Physical Requirements: Sitting, standing, occasional lifting (up to twenty pounds), finger dexterity, eye-hand coordination, and visual acuity,
Work Environment: Normal office environment, occasional automobile travel within local area.
Education: College graduate
Skills and Qualifications: Minimum 5 years event coordination and management experience with proven and successful fundraising track record, CRM software experience, strong initiative, social media and website solicitation coordination, experience with Capital Campaign a plus, and strong verbal and written communications skills.
For more information on how to apply for this position, please visit the Careers page at