VICE PRESIDENT FOR DEVELOPMENT
FULLY REMOTE WITHIN NORTH CAROLINA
The Opportunity | Higher Ed Works
The mission of the Higher Ed Works is to educate North Carolinians about the value of public higher education. Using our website, weekly newsletters, social media channels, and digital marketing, we engage and inform North Carolinians about the value and impact of public higher education. Our goal is to see the percentage of North Carolinians holding quality postsecondary credentials increase.
Position Summary| Vice President for Development
Working with the Co-Chair, CEO, board of directors, and Higher Ed Works team, the Vice President (VP)for Development will lead all development and fundraising efforts. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build Higher Ed Works’ visibility, impact, and financial resources. The VP also will design and implement a comprehensive plan for developing key external alliances by cultivating individual and philanthropic support.
The VP will expand and diversify the organization’s donor base/pipeline and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives. In addition, the VP will work closely with the board of directors and support board members as they take on a more active fundraising role. VP will work remotely from within North Carolina.
• Create, execute, and evolve a strategy and fundraising plan for a large, sustained base of contributions that includes foundations, corporations, and individuals
• Research and prioritize prospect lists
• Collaborate with the Co-Chair and CEO to develop and manage a major prospect list
• Develop and implement a plan for engaging the board of directors in fundraising activities.
• Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to leadership
• Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donor
• Write and track proposals for foundation and corporate fundraising.
• Report regularly on the progress of the development program
• Identify, develop, and mentor the development team
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and traits:
• A proven track record in major gift fundraising with a minimum of seven years of experience
• Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain major donor and executivelevel relationships
• Working knowledge of development best practices, trends in development, and fundraising tools and technology–including donor databases, e-mail, online campaigns, and donor research
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, professional certifications and/or master’s degree are preferred
Higher Ed Works has retained Capital Development Services to assist with professional recruitment. Candidates should include a cover letter, a resume, and a list of three references. All material will be kept confidential. Additional inquiries may be directed to Jen Tozier at Capital Development Services, email@example.com or 336-747-0133 x 208.