Donor Relations Specialist
Salary Range: $41,000-$45,000
Reporting to the VP of Resource Development, the Donor Relations Specialist will carry out the Habitat mission by effectively overseeing the implementation of donor engagement through high-level customer service and stewardship in support of Habitat for Humanity of Wake County’s programs and activities. This position works closely with the VP of Resource Development on annual/monthly fund campaign, moves management strategies, donor segmentation, and stewardship programs. The Donor Relations Specialist also supports other departmental responsibilities connected to; donor and program data maintenance, prospect research, event coordination, faith relations, corporate partnerships, grants, and any other development-related duties as assigned by the VP of Resource Development.
This is a Full-Time Exempt position requiring flexibility to work evening and weekend hours as needed for meetings and projects. The Donor Relations Specialist will likely spend an average of at least five days per week, Monday – Friday (40- hour work week with 8-hour days).
- The position is action-oriented, able to execute data-driven processes to identify, cultivate and steward donors in effective moves-management strategies
- Identify and track donor behavior, establish patterns of giving and generate accurate forecast and action plans
- Drive tactical Moves-Management strategies for donors giving $100 – $1,000 annually
- Provide a high level of donor stewardship and cultivation by thanking mid-level and new donors and ensuring we achieve our goals in fundraising, donor retention, and development
- Manage annual pledges and donor engagement follow up
- Manage the operational components of select donor events
- Assist in establishing and managing annual and long-range development goals
- Supports relationship managers in updating portfolios and executing donor engagement strategies
- Assist with donor stewardship outreach
- Assist with logistics and implementation of donor engagement events including, but not limited to: Women Build, Home Dedications, corporate team build days, and CEO-led stewardship events
- Manage logistical event coordination (invitation lists, RSVPs, participant inquiries, registrations, communication needs for events, inventory, etc.)
- Work with Database Manager to assist with gift data entry to provide backup support
- Enter and update constituent information to ensure data integrity and accurate reporting
- Support to develop and deepen donor relationships – data mining and segmentation
- Support team members when needed or other development-related duties as assigned by the VP of Resource Development
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of fund development theories, principles, and procedures
- Fundraising, event management, or stewardship experience
- Enjoy organizing information, and you know how to perform mail merges
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Preferred knowledge of donor database system, Raiser’s Edge
- Advanced spreadsheet and computing skills
- Ability to adjust work pace to maximize production without loss of work quality
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with supervisor, co-workers, & volunteers
The employee is responsible for planning and carrying out assignments. Problems and deviations in assignments are handled in accordance with established policies and procedures. The individual will work both independently and in a team environment and is responsible for the quality and technical accuracy of the work produced. Formal reviews are held annually by the VP of Resource Development.
Written instructions are provided, but not limited to, the HFHWC Employee Policy and Procedure Manual; Board/Affiliate Bylaws and Policy Manual; Affiliate Articles of Incorporation, Affiliate Financial Policies and Procedures, HFHI Quality Assurance Checklist; Affiliate Covenant with HFHI; and various other relevant public/private sector sources.
Responsibilities involve a variety of interrelated tasks. Procedures vary based on management requirements. Strong organizational skills, knowledge of database function, and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite will be essential with the ability to manage multiple projects under deadlines.
SCOPE AND EFFECT:
Errors in work performance may damage relationships with donors resulting in potential loss of revenue. Errors may also cause damage to important relationships and missed opportunities in building new relationships leading to reduced community support.
The individual has frequent contact with other affiliate staff, key supporters, clients, stakeholders, vendors, external private/public entities, and government agencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hand to finger and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment and routinely requires operating standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copier, and fax machine. Occasionally works in outside conditions that can include heat, humidity, and high noise levels.
The employee will be responsible for managing the delegation of work to volunteers and/or interns to ensure that deadlines and quality control standards are met.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not necessary
- Significant relevant experience in fundraising and donor relations
- Knowledge and experience in CRM – Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Experience providing community development from a Christian framework is highly desired
- Demonstrated experience in the engagement of volunteers in their work
- Passion and calling to empower families and revitalize communities; and
- Exceptional communication skills and will have a calm and very pleasant demeanor when working with a wide variety of people.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
We are an equal-opportunity employer. Applications are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.