Manager of Annual Fund
Development · Raleigh, North Carolina
The Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina is an exciting, challenging, and rewarding place to work. Our vision: No one goes hungry, our Mission: Nourish people. Build solutions. Empower communities. We are an equal opportunity employer and are known for our core values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Dedication, Teamwork, and Fun!
The primary responsibility of the Annual Fund Manager is the strategic execution and management of a newly expanded and comprehensive annual fund program. The Annual Fund Manager will supervise a Stewardship Officer and together this team will oversee the organization’s stewardship, sustainer, and leadership donor programs. In doing so, this position will develop a coordinated matrix of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies involving email, online giving channels, direct mail, and volunteer engagement focused on shaping a sustainable tradition of annual support from mid-level donors.
This position will provide strategic direction and long-range/short-range planning for all these areas in the context of growing the annual fund program while supporting the greater development and campaign goals of the Food Bank.
- Determine annual giving goals and build strategic and tactical plans for achieving these goals
- Responsible for strategic execution and management of direct mail and, in collaboration with the communications team, digital campaigns
- Under the direction of the Director of Development Operations & Analytics, determine appropriate analytics and benchmarks to ensure the greatest ROI for direct marketing program and annual fund management
- Design, oversee and effectively implement an annual fund strategy and program for the acquisition and retention of annual fund donors for the Food Bank
- Identify and encourage innovative and creative approaches for building and increasing annual fund support
- Manage a portfolio of Full Plate Circle donors ($1,000+ annual leadership donors)
- Building strong relationships between mid-level fundraising and other development & business strategy teams
- Analyze and make data-driven decisions using reports and resulting analysis
- Work effectively with the Major Gifts team to build strategies for moving donors to higher giving levels
- Focus on effective communication and solicitation activities within specific market segments identified as having potential for the greatest growth
- Five to seven years of nonprofit direct response fundraising and experience managing vendors
- Comprehensive understanding of direct response marketing with the ability to increase revenue and use metrics and data to make informed program changes as needed
- Strong donor-centric writing skills, including appeals, with success in conveying the Food Bank brand
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and project management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT preferred
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not regard race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any protected class characteristic when seeking to hire. This practice, in addition to hiring, applies to our recruiting, training, transfers, promotions, job benefits, pay, dismissal practices, social and recreational activities, and any other term or condition of employment.
We care about our employees, our candidates, and our community.
As such, please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position, go to https://foodbankcenc.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=55