Major Gifts Officer
Development Operations and Analytics · Raleigh, North Carolina
The Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina is an exciting, challenging, and rewarding place to work. Our vision: No one goes hungry, our Mission: Nourish people. Build solutions. Empower communities. We are an equal opportunity employer and are known for our core values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Dedication, Teamwork, and Fun!
The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for the oversight, coordination, and strategy development for the solicitation of major-level gift prospects and donors. The Major Gifts Officer manages a portfolio of about 125-150 constituent accounts including the donor relationship, which involves identifying, researching, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding these individuals while collaborating with Food Bank leaders, board of directors, and Food Bank colleagues.
- Develop strategies and implement activities to identify, cultivate, and solicit major-level gifts from existing and potential donors, following the Food Bank’s Gift Acceptance Policy.
- Manage and maintain a prospect portfolio of 125-150 individuals with the goal of generating gifts of $5,000+.
- Cultivate relationships by stewarding and soliciting major- level donors to deepen their partnership with the Food Bank, including site visits, facility tours, presentations, newsletter/article/recipe sharing, facilitating meaningful volunteerism and introductions, etc.
- Capture relevant data and update the donor’s constituent record within the database regarding philanthropic priorities, interests, relationships, capacity, etc.
- Identify triggers regarding the higher-capacity potential for referral to the Manager of Major Gifts and/or Senior Vice President of Development & Business Strategy; work with Major Gifts team to solicit major gifts from appropriate donors.
- Support the Development Operations team to implement and manage the stewardship plan.
- Assist Manager of Major Gifts with budget projections and revenue tracking throughout the year.
- Actively collaborate with colleagues in Development, branch and program staff, and the executive leadership and management teams.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS, QUALIFICATIONS, & EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree plus least at least two years of demonstrated development/fundraising experience. At least three years of Major Gifts or Advancement experience in a 1:1 fundraising structure is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for these requirements.
- Demonstrated success in consistently meeting or exceeding fundraising goals in the traditional or virtual fundraising environment.
- Superb communication, analytical, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated high level of personal integrity.
- Ability to adapt well to change and manage competing demands.
- Ability to build relationships with individuals across a broad spectrum of society.
- Database management experience a plus.
- Must believe in the mission of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and interact without deliberate impediment (e.g., wearing or listening to headphones, etc.). The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and to stoop, crouch, or crawl.
Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to perform the essential functions of the job successfully. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to work in an office setting.
- Frequently, the employee will be required to drive an automobile.
- The employee will be required to interact with Food Bank personnel in the warehouse(s). In doing so, the employee will occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all essential functions and skills required of personnel so classified.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not regard race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any protected class characteristic when seeking to hire. This practice, in addition to hiring, applies to our recruiting, training, transfers, promotions, job benefits, pay, dismissal practices, social and recreational activities, and any other term or condition of employment.
We care about our employees, our candidates, and our community.
As such, please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Annual compensation is between $50K – $70K annually DOE
To apply for this position, click here.