Would you like to join a growing, compassionate team of people who share a vision for a brighter future? El Futuro is the leading provider of behavioral health treatment to Latino families in North Carolina. Our mission is to nurture stronger familias to live out their dreams.
El Futuro is currently hiring a full-time Advancement Manager. This position is responsible for the coordination and implementation of the annual giving programs for El Futuro, events management, and for other programs and activities that benefit El Futuro. The Advancement Manager works closely with the Director of Advancement & Strategy to ensure that fund-raising programs are coordinated, effective, efficient, and donor-centered.
- Develop and implement an Advancement Plan to incorporate a range of strategies including appeal letters, major donors, corporate and individual appeals, and special events.
- Collaborate on the development of a Communications & Marketing Plan that seeks to bring awareness of the programs and services to all organizational stakeholders through publications, advertisements, social media, media relations, issue campaigns and donor stewardship and recognition. Supervise the Communications Manager who will implement the plan, ensuring that the message of the organization is consistent and timely.
- Enhance and implement a Stewardship Program to engage donors and increase donor retention, and to include donor pipeline strategies where possible.
- Ensure that all donations of the agency are properly acknowledged to comply with all state and federal requirements and to promote donor engagement.
- Steward all major donors and make development asks for special events and specific programs.
- Seek out family foundations and develop relationships to ensure awareness of the agency’s mission.
- Manage donor records in the DonorPerfect Online donor database.
- Develop and implement Planned Giving, Endowment, Capital, and other Special Campaigns as needed by the agency.
- Make presentations in the community to raise awareness of the organization’s mission, seeking out any opportunities for monetary support.
- Make presentations to the Board and Advancement Committee regarding the status of key Advancement initiatives, and ways they can support.
- Be a value-added and engaged member in the agency’s management team.
- Collaborate effectively with the Executive Director and Director of Advancement & Strategy to carry out all responsibilities. Manage and collaborate vertically and horizontally to achieve the goals of the Advancement Plan.
- Perform non-routine tasks requiring strong judgment & initiative.
- Supervise the Communications Manager and an eventual Advancement Associate.
General Responsibilities of El Futuro Staff:
- Participate actively in monthly All Staff Meetings.
- Play an active role in the continued development of El Futuro’s work via participation in fundraising and other agency-wide activities.
- Be a team player who is ready to support other duties as assigned, in consultation with your supervisor and priority tasks.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience fundraising for a nonprofit organization, preferably in a management role.
- Demonstrated evidence of willingness and ability to make asks.
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, lead, and report to a diverse group of teammates and stakeholders.
- Alignment with El Futuro’s mission to nurture stronger familias to live out their dreams
- Demonstrated knowledge of the nonprofit sector and the adaptability required to achieve the mission.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing donor database systems.
- CFRE or a degree in communications, public relations, law, public affairs, or related field.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, both written and verbal communication, preferred.
To apply, submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter, with your salary expectation
- Sample appeal letter that you wrote as a solo author
El Futuro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. El Futuro is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.