Grants Development Manager
Would you like to join a growing, compassionate team of people who share a vision for a brighter future? El Futuro is the leading provider of behavioral health treatment to Latino families in North Carolina. Our mission is to nurture stronger familias to live out their dreams.
El Futuro is currently hiring a full-time Grants Development Manager. This position serves as the lead grant writer for a portfolio of 20-25 continuation grant proposals, as a prospect researcher for new opportunities, and coordinates the planning, implementation, and reporting of all grant activities. They serve as the lead on a smaller portfolio of continuation/legacy grants, with close collaboration with and support from the Director of Advancement and Strategy.
The starting salary range for this position is $55,000 – $62,000. El Futuro provides employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, and long-term disability; 403B matching; generous PTO and paid holidays; stipend and paid time off for professional development.
The Grants Development Manager performs a wide range of functions, including, but not limited to the following:
- Prepare proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
- Determine proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
- Enter and monitor tracking data in Monday.com, Network for Good, and other appropriate environments.
- Coordinate requirements with contributors and contribute proposal status information to review meetings.
- Gather proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions and collections, and identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develop proposals by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation.
- Write, revise, and edit drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepare presentations by evaluating text, graphics, and coordinating submission.
- Maintain quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases and repositories of information.
- Obtain approvals by reviewing proposals with key providers and project managers.
- Improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate.
- Participate in educational opportunities and maintain professional networks to ensure El Futuro is using best practices and up-to-date standards in grant development and grant writing.
- Support organizational goals by leading the effort to research new grant opportunities, cultivate relationships with potential local and national organizations, and engage staff in the grant development process.
General Responsibilities of El Futuro Staff:
- Participate in meetings and organizational-related activities as directed by the supervisor, which may include All Staff Meeting, Individual Supervision, participation on a committee, or other activities.
- Play an active role in the continued development of El Futuro’s work via participation in fundraising and other agency-wide activities.
- Engage in learning opportunities through “La Mesita”, El Futuro’s training platform and network of bilingual providers in North Carolina, or through other appropriate career development opportunities.
- Be a team player who is ready to support other duties as assigned, in consultation with your supervisor and priority tasks.
- Master of Public Administration or Master of Public Health preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in managing grants development efforts at nonprofit organizations.
- Knowledge of proposal submission and fundraising cycle, from prospect identification to cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Ability to study and understand programs and funding requirements, strategize proposal approaches, and synthesize these with organizational needs and strategies.
- Strong research skills and knowledge of funder information sources.
- Comfort with a wide array of current technological platforms.
- Have a high-level of organization, prioritization, communication, and listening skills.
- Contribute to building a positive working environment; support everyone’s efforts to succeed with a high sense of urgency, drive, and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with the utmost integrity and a high level of discretion about confidential information, ethical and trustworthy.
- Focus on solving problems and working in a team environment.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, both written and verbal communication, preferred.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
El Futuro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. El Futuro is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.