Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations
Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS) in Norfolk, VA is an academic health center dedicated to achieving excellence in medical and health professions education, research, and patient care. We strive to improve the health of our community and to be recognized as a national center of intellectual and clinical strength in medicine. As one of the nation’s only academic medical centers founded and funded by its local community, EVMS serves as an integral community partner to industry organizations, academic institutions, health-care entities, and area municipalities, while also being a primary economic driver and health-care workforce developer for the Hampton Roads region. For more than 40 years, EVMS has translated research and discovery into better patient care and served as a catalyst for the region’s medical renaissance. Today, along with educating physicians, we offer health professions programs designed to meet emerging health-care needs, as well as the demands of an ever-expanding health-care job market that affect lives around the block—and around the world.
EVMS seeks a highly energetic professional to join an award-winning development team in the role of Director for Corporate and Foundation Relations (DCFR). Recognized as the area’s Outstanding Nonprofit Organization in 2014 by the Association of Fundraising Professionals Hampton Roads Chapter National Philanthropy Day event, EVMS has developed creative, resourceful, and inspired campaigns, initiatives, projects, and techniques that have grown and increased our fundraising infrastructure, program and results.
The Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations works closely with the Senior Associate Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations, and volunteer leadership to build and sustain a vibrant annual giving program that provides an increased level of ongoing support for initiatives across campus. The Director for Corporation and Foundation Relations provides leadership in designing, implementing, and evaluating programs to build a long-term base of support for Eastern Virginia Medical School. The DCFR will develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan for the institution, increase philanthropic support, amongst foundations and corporations. The DCFR is responsible for stewarding and cultivated current donors, in addition to seeking new partnership opportunities. The DCFR is also responsible for developing proposals, grant submissions in addition to any reporting requirements that might accompany current and past contributions.
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree and 8 years of progressively responsible experience in Annual Giving fundraising. Formal training in marketing/direct mail considered an asset. A successful candidate will have:
- Working knowledge of Raisers Edge software considered a plus.
- Personal and professional skills necessary to interact with high-level management and volunteers.
- Previous experience in developing and implementing annual fund campaigns preferably in education or healthcare setting.
- Proven track record of achieving fundraising goals and initiatives.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to work towards goals with deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to analyze trends from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Experience in working with faculty, physicians, healthcare leaders, and volunteers.
- Extensive knowledge of policies, rules, and regulations governing charitable giving. Ability to understand state and federal laws relating to information practices, charitable organizations, and the tax benefits of charitable giving.
Full details about the position, requirements, and applying for this position can be found by searching for Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations at this link: www.evms.edu/careers
EVMS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of M