Development Associate and Campaign Coordinator
The Development Associate and Campaign Coordinator is responsible for the administrative operations of the development department, including gift processing, donor acknowledgment, grant writing, database management (Raiser’s Edge) as well as providing ad hoc support for special projects and events. For the first two years, the position will focus heavily on managing our $5 million capital campaign. The Development Associate will also attend Development meetings as requested to assist in the growth and stewardship of development relationships. In addition, this position will be responsible for assisting in the booking and implementation of rental of school facilities. This position reports to the Senior Director of Development and Advancement
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Responsible for all aspects of gift processing and reconciling online gift
transactions. Includes double-checking deposits and entries and assisting in running financial reports and reconciling deposits.
2. Working with the Senior Director of Development & Advancement, Campaign Cabinet, and Campaign Consultant, is responsible for creating, coordinating, and facilitating activities, meetings, training, cultivation activities, solicitations, and special events involving the major support organizations and their members.
3. Function as the onsite logistics coordinator for campaign awareness events. This will require some local travel and time outside of normal business hours.
4. Function as the onsite logistics coordinator for campaign awareness events. This will require some local travel and time outside of normal business hours.
5. Work with the SDODA, Campaign Consultant, and the publications office to create newsletters and other materials for the various campaign constituencies.
6. Work closely with potential donors in scheduling and coordinating cultivation and solicitation opportunities for staff and volunteers and be able to professionally represent DNS to external constituencies.
7. Prepares and mails timely donor acknowledgments for all gifts once a week and annually for monthly donors.
8. Assistant is the primary point person for updating, adding, and maintaining donor and prospect constituent records in the database.
9. Assists with the creation of donor lists and other gift queries and reports.
10. Files all donation-related paperwork and maintaining organized filing systems and binders.
11. Schedules and serves as day of point person for the rental of school facilities.
12. Assists in grant writing as requested by the Senior Director of Development and Advancement and ongoing research to identify new grants that are a good fit for the school.
13. Attends donor meetings and committee meetings as requested by the head of development.
14. Provides administrative support for events including assisting with mailings, phone inquiries, event communication, and other administrative duties as needed by the head of development.
15. Provides overall administrative support to the Development Department.
16. Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Development and Advancement.
1. Associate’s degree in an appropriate field required. Bachelor’s preferred.
2. Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to the highest ethical standards.
3. Some level of direct experience in professional fundraising.
4. Independent judgment and initiative; the ability to work independently while maintaining focus.
5. Very strong technical and computer skills. Moderate level experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint programs and some exposure to relational databases such as Raiser’s Edge or Donor Perfect.
6. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
7. Customer service orientation.
8. Experience in coordinating complex schedules between various high-level administrators and high-level volunteers.
9. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
10. Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly. MUST BE EXTREMELY ORGANIZED AND A MULTI-TASKER
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and benefit plan including:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- 4 weeks of paid vacation
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Salary: Compensation commensurate with experience
Job Type: 40+ Hours Per Week (includes occasional weekend work)
Forward all resumes and cover letters to Kimberly Glenn at email@example.com