DRNC is seeking a development coordinator
Disability Rights North Carolina (DRNC), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is the only organization that provides free legal advocacy services to people with all types of disabilities, of all ages, throughout North Carolina. We are NC’s designated Protection and Advocacy organization and recognized leader in advancing disability rights, with a strong staff and supportive, dynamic work environment. DRNC is committed to building race equity into our internal and external work. DRNC is well-established and positioned for growth. Learn more about DRNC at www.disabilityrightsnc.org.
The development coordinator serves as a key member of the development and communications team and contributes to expanding the agency’s advocacy work by increasing our resource base.
To achieve this, the successful candidate will lead and collaborate on DRNC’s giving campaigns, donor acknowledgment, and special events. The coordinator will support the director in managing grant research, writing, and reporting requirements. This position will be responsible for the effective and efficient use of resources and the donor management system (Salesforce) to measure and achieve development goals. We
seek a team member who can think strategically about the larger efforts of the agency, along with performing highly detailed and creative work.
Job Duties include:
Under the supervision of the director of development and communications, the development coordinator will focus on three primary areas: Giving, stewardship, and events. The successful candidate will:
- Develop and manage annual goals and timelines for fundraising campaigns and donor stewardship/communication
- Maintain the donor database and oversee donor stewardship process
- Be responsible for direct mail and email appeals, social media appeals, and web-based giving/stewardship
- Assist in the planning and management of events, webinars, and conferences including logistics, registration, marketing materials, and sponsorships
- Prepare reports and online surveys for the board and CEO as requested, annual reports, and other public development communications
- Assist in identifying, securing and managing non-federal grants; work with program staff to ensure grant deliverables are met and reports are submitted as required
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of and ability to communicate the agency’s mission, priorities and practice areas, and how these relate to fundraising goals
- Represent DRNC at community events and meetings to ensure the agency’s mission, services, and needs are conveyed
- Perform other related duties as requested
- Strong commitment to DRNC’s mission to advance and defend the rights of people with disabilities, particularly those who live at the intersection of other marginalized identities, and to prioritizing DRNC’s focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all agency work
- Relevant experience in a development-related role with a proven track record in fundraising, donor relations, and event management
- Knowledge of and experience in fundraising techniques and technologies
- Demonstrated skills to engage staff, board members, community partners/volunteers, and potential donors
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing
- Willingness to be part of a collaborative environment and work closely with colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree or associate’s degree and equivalent experience
- Computer skills including:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Salesforce or other donor management systems
- Social media platforms
- Internet-based fundraising tools
- Basic design abilities
- DRNC is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from candidates with life experience with disability, candidates of color, and other candidates with diverse identities
- Ability to communicate in ASL, Spanish, or another non-English language
Strong understanding of DEI, intersectionality, and the desire to reflect and imbed that understanding in all agency work
- Understanding of trauma and its prevalence among people with disabilities, valuing and using trauma-informed approaches
Disability Rights NC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Individuals who increase the diversity of our team are encouraged to apply. We participate in E-verify.
Compensation Package that is competitive with other non-profits. The hiring range is $43,300 to $63,900, depending on relevant experience. DRNC offers excellent benefits which include 100% employer-paid health, dental, vision, life and disability as well as generous paid time off and retirement plan with an employer match. DRNC recognizes the importance of a supported, skilled team and provides generous
opportunities for professional development.
Send a detailed letter of interest explaining your qualifications and interest in the position, a resume, and a writing sample of no more than five pages to: email@example.com. Include development coordinator in the subject line of the email. No phone calls, please.
Closing Date: The position will remain open until filled.
Copyright © 2023 Disability Rights NC. All rights reserved. This document contains general information for educational purposes and should not be construed as legal advice. It is not intended to be a comprehensive statement of the law and may not reflect recent legal developments. If you have specific questions concerning any matter contained in this document or need legal advice, we encourage you to consult with an attorney.