Convergent Nonprofit Solutions, a fundraising consulting firm serving the national nonprofit market, is looking to add to our growing team of project directors.
Project Directors are independent contractors who provide both ON-SITE and REMOTE, hands-on fundraising services to our nonprofit clients. Contractors will receive training and support to ensure effective and accurate execution of Convergent’s proven process and corporate standards. This position reports to an Operations Director. The successful project director is a self-starter, capable of operating effectively in an environment with minimal day-to-day direct oversight, and will exhibit a great passion for and a deep understanding of the assigned client’s organizational work and goals.
During this eight- to 10-week period, you could be on-site several weeks in our clients’ communities Monday through Friday, traveling home on weekends. You will be expected to:
● Aid in the creation of a prospectus outlining the objectives the client wishes to accomplish, in addition to a study questionnaire and the test goal for the proposed funding campaign.
● Meet one-on-one with community and business leaders.
● Navigate complex relationships, adeptly “reading between the lines” during interviews, and work comfortably with C-Suite executives.
During this multi-month engagement, you could be on-site in our clients’ communities Monday through Friday (traveling home on weekends) for the duration of the fundraising campaign, which is usually eight to 12 months, sometimes longer. You will be expected to:
● Work with the community’s top leaders to refine implementation strategies and the budget that pays for them.
● Cultivate and solicit potential investors.
● Guide the client in assembling a cadre of leaders to assume campaign leadership.
● Oversee myriad details, including creating prospect lists, supervising campaign collateral creation, arranging briefings, and leading prospective investors solicitations vital to a successful fundraising campaign.
● A college-level education
● Emotional intelligence
● An entrepreneurial spirit
● Leadership skills for C-suite level interaction
● Experience navigating a variety of social events
● A professional image
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to work autonomously
● Ability to prioritize and organize numerous tasks and drive them to completion
● Ability to adapt as needed within a task and process framework
● Passion for travel and meeting new people
● Intermediate or higher-level Word and Excel competency
If you feel this is the right position for you, we’d love to hear from you! Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line, “Resume for Consideration – Project Director.” A member of our Operations team will respond at their earliest convenience. No phone inquiries, please.