Director of Advancement
Children’s Cancer Partners (CCP) provides resources, community, and compassion to children with cancer and their families. CCP seeks a Director of Advancement to grow its major gifts ($5k+) program with an emphasis on current and new donors in North Carolina.
This position may be for you if you are:
- Passionate about supporting children and families battling cancer.
- Experienced at growing major gift programs at other nonprofits.
- Willing to travel throughout the state of North Carolina.
- Forward-looking, growth-oriented, and thrive in making connections and building relationships to meet financial goals.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have the following professional and personal qualities, skills, and characteristics:
Passion for Mission
- Serve as a passionate and informed advocate for CCP.
- Communicate CCP’s story effectively with individuals, invoking enthusiasm for and commitment to the organization’s lifesaving mission.
- Establish and pursue ambitious revenue generation goals.
Major Gifts Management
- Collaborate with the Executive Director in all aspects of individual giving with a primary focus on cultivating in-person meetings with current and potential donors and developing major gifts ($5K+) principally throughout North Carolina.
- Support all resource development activities and donor communications.
- Promote and solicit planned gifts when appropriate.
Support Board & Staff Engagement in Fundraising
- Foster a culture of giving among the board and staff.
- Build relationships and provide thoughtful support to CCP board members, donors, and volunteers as appropriate.
- Manage and coordinate the work of the Board Development Committee.
Manage Donor Cultivation and Stewardship Functions
- Lead the planning and execution of successful mission-focused, donor-centered events, including in-home Parties for a Purpose in Charleston, Durham, and Wilmington with a goal of expanding to other communities.
- Advocate for support through third-party events and online fundraising efforts.
- Research, recommend, and implement donor relations and retention programs.
- Ensure timely, accurate, and courteous communications with funders/donors.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and the Communications/Marketing Manager in the design and execution of the CCP philanthropic vision and Sustainability Plan.
- Lead with integrity and perform duties to ensure that CCP’s financial policies are followed.
Position Requirments and Skillset:
- Commitment to excellence in supporting children battling cancer
- Five or more years of experience in major gifts fundraising roles
- Experience with direct donor solicitation of gifts over $5k or more
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills
- Understanding of current fundraising best practices and trends
- College degree or experience equivalency
- Means and ability to travel throughout North and South Carolina, occasionally farther with some overnights and weekends
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with donor software systems, preferably Blackbaud eTapestry and Classy
Why Children’s Cancer Partners?
Across North and South Carolina, indeed nationwide, Children’s Cancer Partners is unique. Many organizations offer “parts and pieces” that matter to families battling childhood cancer, but none are so immediate, comprehensive, and continuous in their support throughout the journey until the child turns 21 years of age.
With a mission to provide comprehensive support and loving compassion to families whose children are fighting cancer to improve their overall quality of life, CCP holds a true partnership with families through every step of the childhood cancer journey.
CCP operates in 146 counties throughout North and South Carolina, serving an estimated 2,100 families this year. With every new child and family enrolled, the promise remains the same – CCP walks beside families throughout their journey, providing funds for food, lodging, and meals associated with cancer treatment, as well as compassion and support. And in every welcoming visit, CCP continues to wrap the child in a blanket that symbolizes hope and love.
CCP currently has a budget of $2.8M with 2.2M coming from individuals, 330k in grants, 235k in special events, 60k in in-kind, and 20k in endowment income. This position will lead the growth of the individual and corporate revenue generation.
The Director of Advancement is supported by a Donor Relations Manager who oversees gift entry, acknowledgments, and the database, a Volunteer Grant Writer, and a Communications/Marketing Manager. These positions all report to the Executive Director.
CCP is headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina with a Durham, North Carolina office. This position will focus on securing major gifts throughout North Carolina. Learn more about Children’s Cancer Partners of the Carolinas’ here.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with qualifications in the 90-110K range. Benefits include generous medical, dental, life & long-term disability insurance, 18 vacation days, and 12 paid holidays.
This is a full-time exempt position that reports to the Executive Director. This individual will have the option of working out of the Spartanburg, SC or Durham, NC office or remote, but they must be willing to travel throughout North Carolina, and limited in South Carolina.
Think you are the next Children’s Cancer Partners Family Advocate?
Please provide all requested information to be considered. In case of any technical problems, contact email@example.com. No phone calls, please, and no applications will be accepted by email or directly from third-party posting sites. Review of candidates will begin mid-August and continue until the position is filled.
Children’s Cancer Partners actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.