Digital Content Specialist
Works with the Director of Communications, communications team, and other key institutional stakeholders to identify and translate CA storytelling opportunities into creative digital and social media content. Serve as proactive “person-on-the-ground” community storyteller, regularly visiting and documenting classrooms, school activities, extracurriculars, community events, etc. to surface and deliver visual, digital, and written stories that support the CA brand and strategic goals. Produce high-performing written, social, and multimedia (audio/video/photo/interactive/graphic) content that advances CA brand engagement/awareness and furthers CA strategic goals through robust external promotional stories, social media-optimized mini-stories, and engaging internal communications.
- In consultation with the Director of Communications, ideate, design, and produce digital and multimedia (audio/video/photo/interactive/graphic) content for inclusion on social media, web presences, blogs, emails, etc., including pre-production, production, and post-production work. Record and edit video and sound projects. Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders to help facilitate the creation of content.
- Create engaging and informative written digital content—including website content and features, blogs, news items, marketing copy, etc.—that follows best practices, including engagement, SEO, mobile performance, etc.
- Manage all CA social media including creating, posting, curating, evaluating content, and increasing community engagement. Stay abreast of emergent trends and best practices. Collaborate on the development of social marketing plans and in the creation of social media standards and guidelines. Create, manage, and evaluate social ad campaigns.
- Serve as editor of Cary Academy weekly e-newsletter, CA Weekly,determining and compiling content, creating original content as necessary, and working with team to publish on schedule.
- Provide additional writing, digital, and graphic design and production support as needed across all channels, including contributions to ?, the Magazine for Cary Academy, the Annual Report, and other print collateral.
- Assist in the creation, maintenance, and execution of a digital and social content calendar that addresses key audience segments and messages.
- Engages actively in the school’s diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism work in furtherance of Cary Academy’s commitment to equity and justice. In conjunction with manager, identifies and pursues ongoing professional development. Completes all required administrative, operational, and professional development tasks and activities in a responsive and timely manner per school operating policies and procedures. Performs other projects and duties as assigned.
The individual in this position must possess the following knowledge and/or skills:
- Exceptional writing and communication skills with a strong understanding of format, audience, and voice. Demonstrated experience in crafting rich, engaging content.
- Excellent storytelling/journalistic instincts with the ability to identify and surface stories, create narrative arcs and brand narratives, follow through on the development of stories across multiple channels that tie to and support larger strategic themes, and the ability to work multiple stories at once.
- Knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing, content marketing strategy, and/or storytelling and their applications.
- Strong video production expertise, including pre- (planning, storyboarding, scripting, etc.), production (filming and photography), and post-production (editing, motion and animation graphics, titling, etc.) work. Fluency with Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere; familiarity with motion graphics and animation software such as Adobe After Effects or Apple Motion a plus. Proficiency with video, lighting, and sound equipment. Strong photography and photo-editing skills.
- Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social media. Must possess knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants and how each platform can be deployed to best effect.
- Strong multimedia, graphic, and information design skills with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Strong networking and relationship-building skills, both online in brand stewardship and social media management contexts, as well as offline in local community-building contexts
- Must be able to engage various stakeholders, including employees, parents, media, and internal and external constituents with sensitivity and understanding.
- Exceptional time, organizational, and project management skills with ability to move the needle on several projects simultaneously. Must be able to take ownership of projects and work independently, but also in close collaboration with a high-functioning team in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
The individual in this potion must have the ability and is expected to:
- Work collegially with employees, parents and members of the Cary Academy and external community in a highly collaborative environment. Work effectively with vendors, contractors, and/or other business partners, professionals, and outside organizations.
- Maintain confidentiality and interact with students, parents, and employees as well as internal and external constituents with sensitivity and understanding.
- Perform position responsibilities in a professional manner that models and ensures a diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning and work environment and upholds the school’s commitment to its cornerstones (the mission, the vision, the values, the beliefs, the employee culture and the portraits of a teacher and a graduate).
- Maintain a commitment to ongoing professional learning and growth.
- Meet the expectation of regular, predictable, and reliable attendance.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Experience: 5+ years professional communications, journalism, and/or marketing experience, including writing, storytelling, social media management, and digital content creation, required. 3+ years professional photography and/or video production experience required.
Equivalency: Directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience may be considered in place of the above requirements.
Days: In general, this position is scheduled to work on campus Monday through Friday year-round, but is expected to work as necessary to ensure that position responsibilities are consistently met. There may be certain work requirements that could result in a need for temporary modification of this schedule.
Hours: This position is scheduled to work 37.5 hours per week. The actual times worked are determined by the supervisor and may fluctuate given the nature and seasonality of this position and are determined in coordination with the Division manager.
To apply for this position, click here.
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION
UKG Job Code: COMMDIG
Reports to: Director of Communications
Directly Supervises: n/a
Indirectly Supervises: n/a
Internal Relationships: All Cary Academy employees, parents and students
External Relationships: vendors, suppliers, media
Background Check Type: Basic with 2 educations
PAYROLL & BENEFITS INFORMATION
Position Classification: Staff
Status: Full-time (year-round)
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Annual Employment Offer: No
Performance Evaluation Document: Staff
Payroll Frequency: Monthly
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Specific tasks and deadlines may vary and are provided to the employee by his/her supervisor.