Enrollment & Development Data Specialist
- Enters, updates, and validates Admissions and Development information gathered from a variety of sources (including but not limited to applications, forms, and research) for all school constituent groups to allow for effective and efficient donor cultivation, volunteer identification and coordination, alumni support, constituency management and communication, and reporting.
- Collaborates with the Director of Development and CA Fund Director to design and generate lists, queries, reports, and data from the database to assist with fundraising, donor engagement, events, and other Development initiatives and activities.
- Collaborates with the Enrollment Management division to ensure the accurate and timely maintenance of enrollment data, generate weekly analytic reporting, and curate the enrollment dashboard in the database.
- Enters all data relating to gifts and pledges received from donors into database and generates acknowledgement letters. Responds to donor inquiries and requests for gift and pledge related information and documentation. Works with the Director of Development, Chief Financial Officer and Controller to design and maintain a pledge and gift reporting structure that meets the school’s ongoing reporting needs and requirements.
- Prepares and documents deposits for funds collected through the Development Office, maintains related records, and works with Business Office personnel to reconcile, verify, and report on Development financial data on an ongoing basis.
- Creates and manages forms, surveys and or/other tools used for event registration, fundraising and other Development and Admissions activities and initiatives.
- Serves as the primary database liaison with Information Services and the database software vendor for both the Enrollment Management and Development divisions. Works collaboratively with the Information Services team to implement technical updates, troubleshoot and resolve operational and technical database issues, and transition data as needed. Remains current on database tools and features to allow for the most effective and efficient use of the database software for school operations.
- Generates reports and data as needed to support the school’s operational, budgeting, and strategic planning needs as well as grant applications and other community endeavors. Coordinates with academic divisions to streamline parent communications utilizing database tools.
- Works collaboratively with both the Development and Enrollment Management teams to support division activities and events and carry out operational and strategic initiatives.
- Engages actively in the school’s diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism work in furtherance of Cary Academy’s commitment to equity and justice. In conjunction with manager, identifies and pursues ongoing professional development. Completes all required administrative, operational, and professional development tasks and activities in a responsive and timely manner per school operating policies and procedures. Performs other projects and duties as assigned.
The individual in this position must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Extensive experience-driven knowledge of database software, such as Blackbaud (Raiser’s Edge, CORE, Enrollment Management) strongly preferred. Senior Systems, Veracross, or other related databases will be considered.
- Data input, analysis, and reporting skills; must be able to understand data relationships, assess organizational operations, and design relevant reports that meet user needs
- Pledge and gift recording and reporting knowledge in a 501(c)(3) environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technology skills, with an emphasis on the Microsoft Office platform as well as a variety of online/social media platforms tied to giving and student recruitment; Google Docs knowledge preferred
- Strong time management skills-ability to work independently, handle a multiple-priority, deadline-oriented work environment, complete tasks with interruptions, and maintain a positive outlook
- Willingness to be a collaborative and supportive member of the Development Team, the Admissions Team, and the Cary Academy community
- Knowledge of independent school operations and/or Development and/or Enrollment Management operations in an educational setting preferred
The individual in this position is expected to:
- Work collegially with employees, parents and members of the Cary Academy and external community in a highly collaborative environment. Work effectively with vendors, contractors, and/or other business partners, professionals, and outside organizations.
- Maintain confidentiality and interact with students, parents, and employees as well as internal and external constituents with sensitivity and understanding.
- Perform position responsibilities in a professional manner that models and ensures a diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning and work environment and upholds the school’s commitment to its cornerstones (the mission, the vision, the values, the beliefs, the employee culture and the portraits of a teacher and a graduate).
- Maintain a commitment to ongoing professional learning and growth, including adapting to the ongoing usage of technology at Cary Academy.
- Meet the expectation of regular, predictable, and reliable attendance.
Education: Associates degree in related field.
Experience: 5-7 years of experience in an administrative or operational support role, preferably in Independent School or College Development settings. 3 years or more experience with database software and reporting; Blackbaud preferred.
Equivalency: Directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience may be considered in place of the above requirements.
Days: In general, this position is scheduled to work on campus Monday through Friday year-round, but is expected to work as necessary to ensure that position responsibilities are consistently met. There may be certain work requirements that could result in a need for temporary modification of this schedule, including scheduled events and activities on weekend days.
Hours: This position is scheduled to work 37.5 hours per week. The actual times worked are determined by the supervisor and may fluctuate given the nature and seasonality of this position and are determined in coordination with the Director of Development. Some events and activities may require work outside of normal business hours.
To apply for this position, click here.
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION
UKG Job Code: DEVDATA
Reports to: Director of Development; also reports functionally to the Director of Enrollment Management
Directly Supervises: n/a
Indirectly Supervises: n/a
Internal Relationships: All Cary Academy employees, parents, and students
External Relationships: Prospective students and families, vendors, suppliers, visitors, other schools, and local community members.
Background Check Type: Basic with 2 educations
Position Classification: Staff
Status: Full-time (year-round)
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Annual Employment Offer: No
Performance Evaluation Document: Staff
Payroll Frequency: Monthly
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Specific tasks and deadlines may vary and are provided to the employee by his/her supervisor.