The historic nonprofit Carolina Theatre is seeking a Development Associate to join the Development Team. This position supports the theater’s mission by helping raise funds that allow us to serve our community by bringing a range of artists, films, and educational programs to our region.
The Development Associate is responsible for managing the theater’s robust membership, individual giving, and grant programs. Reporting to the Development Director, the Development Associate will manage membership and donor fulfillment, stewardship, and communications; maintain and grow the theater’s grants portfolio; and assist the Development Director and sponsorship teams with other development functions as assigned. The ideal candidate for this role will approach donor stewardship and fundraising with positivity, professionalism, accuracy, confidentiality, and enthusiasm. This person should enjoy getting to know our donors and members and what motivates them to be involved with the Carolina Theatre, and to enjoy interacting with them in our member lounge and special events.
This position will provide administrative support and manage our donor database and other records in support of the stewardship and engagement of individual and institutional donors, patrons, and potential donors. Specifically, the position supports donor relations, including donor records in Archtics (our ticketing and donor CRM) and development files, prepares acknowledgement letters and other routine donor communications, member and sustaining donor renewal mailings, and other written communications with donors as well as making renewal phone calls to past donors. The position provides administrative assistance to the Development Director, including scheduling meetings, screening mail and calls, and responding to inquires. The position helps manage special projects, and provides logistical support for meetings and events organized by the Development Department.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, have strong organizational skills, a friendly and professional demeanor, and excellent writing and proofing skills. They will enjoy interactions with the theater’s guests, members, and donors, and the ability to work well with other Development team members, staff, and our stakeholders. Database management skills and strong general computer skills are required. Archtics experience, while helpful, is not expected.
Work includes, but is not limited to, the following areas of focus:
- Routinely interact with members and donors via phone, email, and in person at the Donor Lounge and events
- Ensure delivery of all member and donor benefits across multiple channels
- Generate and oversee the continuity of membership and donor communications and collateral
- Respond to member, donor and sponsor inquiries and issues related to benefits, ticketing, online accounts, etc.
- Ensure timely recognition of gifts via mail and phone
- Assist with year-end and other campaigns
- Assist in the coordination of member, sponsor, and donor events, including tours, invitation-only screenings and events, etc.
- Conduct member, donor, grant, corporate and other Development research
- Process and fulfill memberships and donor benefits
- Generate gift and prospect reports to assist with Development strategy
- Assist with routine database management and cleanup
- Coordinate development data reporting for the Development Director and CEO
- Manage the grant portfolio, tracking and responding to grant deadlines and reporting requirements
- Research and grow the theater’s grant program
- Assist where possible in other aspects of the theater’s Development strategy and growth
Applicants should send their resume and cover letter to Randy@carolinatheatre.org.