Cape Fear Academy
A learning community committed to discovering and developing individual potential, preparing each student for success in college and life.
Located in Wilmington, NC, Cape Fear Academy is southeastern North Carolina’s premier PK3-12 independent school. A learning community of about 700+ students and 100+ faculty and staff members, CFA is guided by the mission of discovering and developing individual potential. To accomplish this goal, CFA offers students an impressive array of opportunities in academics, the visual and performing arts, and athletics. Our 27-acre campus has state-of-the-art facilities that provide a rich and inspiring physical environment for students to explore and develop their passions. More important, CFA boasts a committed faculty and staff who live the school’s mission in their daily interactions with students.
All members of the CFA community are familiar with and expected to uphold and foster the core values of respect, integrity, resilience, and accountability. These core values are the cornerstone for a newly-developed leadership program that empowers students to develop leadership skills, enabling them to go further in school and in life.
Applications are now being accepted for the following position:
Assistant Director of Advancement for Annual Fund & Volunteer Engagement
1. Create a compelling case for support for Cape Fear Academy’s Annual Fund program for current and potential donors.
2. Develop and implement a plan for increased Annual Fund support and participation rates across all constituencies including current parents, alumni, past parents, friends, and more.
3. Oversee the creation and management of a volunteer peer-to-peer solicitor network – which includes strategy, messaging, and goal setting – along with the recruitment, training, and retention of engaged volunteers.
4. Direct the development and production of all Annual Fund materials (coordinated with the communications team members) for print, digital, and social media channels.
5. Use prospect research to determine appropriate targets and solicitation strategies for individuals.
6. Manage a portfolio of donors and solicit constituents for Annual Fund gifts as needed.
7. Keep current with best practices in both fundraising and volunteer management.
8. Develop, promote, and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities within the school.
9. Recruit and retain a variety of volunteers for positions in the classrooms, concession stands; supporting theater, sports and musical groups, etc.
10. Serve as the staff liaison between the Family Partnership and the school.
11. Create an environment for donors and volunteers where they feel welcome and appreciated though a formalized stewardship program.
12. Manage line items within the Advancement budget that fund areas mentioned above.
13. Performs other projects and duties as assigned.
Proven skill at conceptualizing, drafting, and editing annual fund appeals. Volunteer management and personal gift solicitation. Must be highly organized and detail-oriented. Ability to multitask, and have exceptional writing and interpersonal skills. Must be a collaborative and positive team player. Must take initiative and work independently. Possess a demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and have a working knowledge of donor database systems. The position also requires this person to model Cape Fear Academy’s core values of respect, integrity, resilience and accountability.
Education: Bachelor’s degree is required.
Experience: A minimum of three years with annual giving fundraising experience and volunteer management required.
Salary and Benefits: A competitive compensation and benefits program
Starting Date: ASAP
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, salary requirement, and reference list to Human Resources at email@example.com