Position: Development Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Development
Job Location: Wilmington, NC
Position Type: Exempt; Full-Time
Salary Range: $43,000 to $48,000.
Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision insurance covered in part by the employer; 401k plan with company match; life insurance, short-term disability, cell phone stipend, PTO, and Paid Holidays.
Overview of Position: The Full-time Development Coordinator work in partnership with the Director of Development in achieving Canines for Service goals. The position will implement fundraising and marketing strategies that focus on the Southeast and the Cape Fear Region specifically. The position is also responsible for overseeing all aspects of grant research, solicitation, submission, and reporting for Canines for Service. The position will work in partnership with the Executive Director and Director of Development to increase veteran applications, volunteer recruitment, and revenue coming from businesses, foundations, church/civic organizations, and government agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide grant research to ensure a steady pipeline of prospective grant applications for Canines for Service. Research will utilize known databases, i.e., Foundation Center, and his/her network to research prospective grants that match Canines for Service mission and scope of work
• Provide a grants calendar based upon that research of prospective grantors that outlines focus areas, point of contacts, and deadlines for the upcoming fiscal year
• Compile and submit grant proposals in response to grantors that have been identified in the grants calendar
• Compile and submit grant reports in response to past grant awards and future grant awards as identified in the grants calendar
• Work in partnership with key personnel to gather necessary information and relevant data for the reports
• Compile and submit annual application and bi-annual reports for the Wounded Warrior Service Dog Project (WWSDP)
• Maintain and keep accurate records and statistics as it relates to grant deadlines, submission, communication, and reporting
Marketing and Community Outreach
• Implement an annual marketing plan that will strategically increase CFS Brand Awareness in the Southeast and Cape Fear Region specifically
• Implement and attend community outreach events that increase the CFS brand awareness while also attracting veteran applicants, volunteers, and revenue
• Assist with the coordination of community outreach events that have expected revenue of $5,000 or less
• Develop content for the CFS Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn profiles
• Create a social media calendar and strategy that ensures steady content creation and publication across all platforms
• Create an e-newsletter for CFS that highlights key initiatives and acknowledges donors
• Work in partnership with the Director of Development to create marketing materials for the organization
• Works with various media channels on both a local and national level to increase organizational exposure and brand awareness
• Represents the organization at presentations in the community, meetings, or conferences
• Assist with other marketing and community outreach initiatives as they arise.
• Work independently as well as participate as a member of the CFS Team
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or management
• 2-3 years of grant writing experience, fundraising, and/or marketing experience
• Passionate love for animals
• Familiarity with Veteran issues and the mission of Canines for Service preferred
• Ability to work independently with minimal instruction
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple proposals and reports
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Basic computer skills including e-mail and Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of Salesforce is preferred, but not required
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, verbal, and written communication skills with an aptitude for public speaking
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Must possess sound business judgment, exercise professional conduct, understand and follow business ethics and standards and maintain a high level of confidentiality in all duties
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff, donors, clients, volunteers, and the public
• An organized self-starter, with strong multi-tasking, prioritizing, and follow-through skills
• Ability to work independently as well as to network, direct, and motivate others
• Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
• Adept at creating partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
• Believes in the mission of Canines for Service, is passionate and communicative about the cause, and encourages innovation and growth
• Strong awareness of disability etiquette
• Computer proficiency, including familiarity with all MS Office products and database management
• Must be able to lift forty pounds and safely and comfortably handle active large breed dogs weighing up to 90 pounds
Canines for Services is located in Wilmington, NC, and operates out of two 5,000-square-foot facilities. The job requires individuals to work within a dog training facility and a professional office environment. Employees will work in proximity to all types and breeds of dogs. The work environment is a nonsmoking environment. Local travel for events and community outreach is expected. Out-of-state or in-state travel may be required.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, Exempt position consisting of 40 hours of work per week. Regular days and hours of work are Monday- Friday from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, but these hours may be adjusted depending on the needs of the Organization. This position will require working weekends and holidays as needed.
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to Bethany Leighton at firstname.lastname@example.org.