TITLE: Awareness Coordinator
TYPE: Salary, Non Exempt
REPORTS TO: Awareness & Community Development Manager
SALARY: $40,000 – $45,000
Responsible for the efforts, results, and success of an organization’s communication and assisting in outreach including resource development. Support to the Community Development Coordinator.
BIANC is a small organization that values collaboration and camaraderie. The culture relies on the ability to come together to work in several capacities to achieve the overall goals of the mission. Culture is the cornerstone of how BIANC operates, the best-fit candidates will value and assist their coworkers and the work we do to meet deadlines and best serve our community.
Awareness Activities (90%)
- Coordinate with Awareness & Community Development Manager to plan and schedule social media materials according to the overall marketing and communications strategy for the organization to build active engagement and connection with our audience.
- Support the Community Development Manager and Executive Director in the solicitation of funds, including managing the Annual Fund mail appeal deliverables.
- Create and deliver content to drive and convert our social traffic and increase qualified traffic to our website, resource guide, online courses, events, live videos, etc.
- Find opportunities to expand our social media following and reach by building and leveraging relationships with influencers, partners, corporate members, and our community members.
- Assist in developing and updating communications materials (brochures, web articles, newsletters, press releases, and social media) to share current information, enhance the institution’s image, and encourage common branding within the organization.
- Assists the Awareness & Community Development Manager in marketing, communication, and development effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed.
- Execute plan for monthly newsletters and quarterly printed magazine.
- Collaborate with internal teams to accomplish goals per respective departments including website updates, marketing materials, and potential funding needs.
- Work with Awareness & Community Development Manager to brainstorm new and creative growth strategies.
- Supports all organization DEI policies and implements common language/plain talk in all published documents both printed and digital.
- Must provide quarterly data for State and ACL contract requirements, utilizing Social Media Insights and Google Analytics for accurate reporting.
Resource Development (10%)
- Support the Community Development Manager and the Executive Director in all resource development activities as needed.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, Community Development Manager, and program division leadership to identify programmatic and funding needs.
- Assists in the identification of foundations and preparation of proposals.
- Oversee the tracking and sending of communications regarding membership lapses, renewals, and welcomes.
- Strengthen and maintain grant and individual donor tracking systems.
- Assist in the coordination of events
- Run reports to monitor and evaluate resource development activities.
- Works to acquire new donors and manages a donor database; keeps in regular contact with donors during fundraising events.
- Maintains the accuracy and integrity of databases by ensuring that all information is kept current and up to date.
- Performs basic administrative duties such as filing, data entry, maintaining a filing system, and more.
THIS POSITION DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS AN ALL-INCLUSIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS, EFFORTS, OR WORKING CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE POSITION. WHILE IT IS INTENDED TO BE AN ACCURATE REFLECTION OF THE JOB REQUIREMENTS, MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, ADD, OR REMOVE DUTIES AND TO ASSIGN OTHER DUTIES S NECESSARY.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of work experience in the areas of communication, social media, content creation, and development.
- Experience or proficiency using social media platforms, marketing tools (e.g. Canva, Constant Contact, Google Analytics), and data management.
- 1+ years experience with WordPress, BeaverBuilder, and Gravity Forms.
- Superb analytical and critical thinking skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong planning and time-management skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively, and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Working knowledge of MS Office software.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Alyssa Madden at email@example.com