TITLE: Marketing Associate
DEPARTMENT: Resource Development and Marketing (RDM)
REPORTS TO: VP, Resource Development & Marketing (VP)
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt, Salaried
This position is full-time, non-exempt. It requires the knowledge and skills to create and implement a written marketing and PR plan with emphasis on:
• Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
• Digital communication best practices (including email communications campaigns)
• Website maintenance and development
• Basic graphic design for print and digital
• Layout, editing, and production (printed newsletters, e-news, annual reports, and brochures)
• Photography, videography and storytelling
• Media engagement.
The ideal candidate will bring creativity to the agency’s marketing strategies, providing fresh ideas to engage online and print audiences. This candidate must proactively engage club personnel and Members to capture stories, photos, and video for marketing purposes. S/he will also assist with event planning, manage community engagement events, and lead tours. The position requires a positive attitude and high-energy personality to work effectively with board and development volunteers.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field from an accredited college or university.
• Strong written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to proactively engage Club staff, Members, donors, and volunteers.
• Understanding of media relations and digital media strategies.
• Proficient in MS Office; familiarity with graphic design software such as Photoshop.
• Experience with email and social media campaigns.
• Knowledge of website analytics tools and website design in WordPress.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This is an administrative position requiring an engaged presence in an office environment and the ability to meet with agency staff at their locations and with donors for site visits. It requires the ability to operate standard office equipment. Requires some evening and weekend work for special events within Wake County.
John C. Welch
Vice President, Resource Development and Marketing