TITLE: Grants and Donor Relations Manager
DEPARTMENT: Resource Development and Marketing (RDM)
REPORTS TO: VP, Resource Development & Marketing
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt, Salaried
This position is full-time, non-exempt. It requires an experienced professional in need of minimal direction. It also requires exceptional writing skills, both specific to nonprofit grant writing and in general to support miscellaneous writing needs across the agency (marketing, correspondence, website, etc.). This position serves as the primary point of contact for corporate, foundation, and government grantmakers and must be able to forge and maintain productive relationships with the representatives of these organizations and the volunteers who connect us to them. The successful candidate will have experience in grant research, proposal writing, grant tracking and reporting, and sponsorship solicitation. The successful candidate will understand customer service and ensure that all of our grantors and sponsors receive high-quality proposals and reports, and appropriate recognition. The incumbent must work collaboratively and productively with numerous club staff to ensure that grant proposals and sponsorship applications reflect the prioritized needs of the organization and its members (not creating new program goals in pursuit of revenue) and to ensure that grant reports reflect accurately and positively on the organization. The ideal candidate will deepen the agency’s relationships with existing grantors and corporate sponsors while expanding our donor base through creative research and prospect engagement.
1. Provide support to the VP, RD & Mktg regarding the agency’s grant tracking, gift acknowledgment, and prospect research.
2. Serve as a senior member of the development team in demonstrating professionalism, productivity, customer service, and teamwork.
Resource Development Planning & Implementation
3. Assist the VP in building robust grantsmanship and sponsorship programs:
- Research, analyze, and draft proposals for institutional grantmakers including corporations, foundations, civic organizations, churches, synagogues, and government entities.
- Research candidates for sponsorships and coordinate the engagement of the VP
- Track proposals, grants, reports, and deadlines in Donor Perfect. Maintain an accurate yearly calendar of application and reporting deadlines.
- Manage donor acknowledgment and stewardship for grantmakers and institutional sponsors, including developing relationships with the individuals representing these organizations and assisting the VP in planning meaningful and appropriate recognition.
- Research and identify new grant and sponsorship prospects to expand our pool of donors.
- Maintain current and accurate program descriptions, donor opportunities, and reporting metrics for applications, reports, and marketing purposes.
- Maintain related donor records, correspondence, and contracts consistent with best practices.
- Support development initiatives and teammates however needed.
4. Monitor grant-related program expenses to ensure we remain within each grant’s budget.
5. Ensure Donor Perfect remains current on all grant and sponsorship proposals, correspondence, deadlines, and reports. Check for deadlines regularly and involve other staff as needed. Provide regular status updates on potential, proposed, and active grants to the VP.
6. Work with the VP to develop strategic alliances with grantmaking organizations.
7. Work with program staff to ensure all grant expectations and deliverables are on track and reported.
Marketing and Public Relations
8. Assist development staff with print and digital materials to attract, retain, and acknowledge donor support.
9. Develop and maintain current, compelling language and statistics for use in grants as well as marketing materials.
Internal: Build and maintain relationships with Club staff and volunteers for the exchange of information and to make our case for support and related language as effective as possible.
External: Build and maintain relationships with donors, prospects, and others for exchanging information and ideas in support of our grant revenue goals.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 2 years’ work experience in relevant fundraising activities and a proven track record of accomplishment in grant writing and institutional sponsorships.
- Exceptional written communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all types of people.
- Ability to accurately and effectively utilize a donor database.
- Flexible and adaptable work style with the ability to manage competing demands and work independently without close oversight.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This is an administrative position requiring an engaged presence in an office environment as well as the ability to meet with agency staff at their locations and with donors for site visits. It requires the ability to operate standard office equipment, travel locally, and navigate in Club settings.
NOTE: The above responsibilities reflect the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties or expectations. Boys and Girls Club staff are a team; there are no silos. While our job descriptions specify primary responsibilities necessary for accountability, everyone’s job includes doing “Whatever it Takes” to serve our members and support our teammates. Some evening and weekend hours will be required.
Email your cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org