Director of Development
Beautiful Together, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 2014, is seeking a Director of Development to join its mission of connecting two meaningful efforts: rescuing animals who have been abused, neglected, and abandoned and, with a focus on empathy-building and pet therapy, connecting them with children living in at-risk situations and underserved communities.
Since early 2021, Beautiful Together has been building out its sanctuary and youth program operations across 83 acres of bucolic farmland in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Since then, its animal rescue teams have pulled 1700 homeless pets out of overcrowded shelters and inhumane situations. In addition, Beautiful Together has created a free animal rescue vet clinic, launched early-stage community youth programs in schools and at the sanctuary participated in significant community outreach, developed pet surrender prevention initiatives, and continued ongoing support of its original programming to support children living in foster care, group homes and orphanages. Development of Beautiful Together’s Horse, Donkey and Goat Rescue Operations will commence in late 2023.
Build out of infrastructure on the previously-undeveloped property is being managed with an emphasis on sustainability, with the goal of keeping the sanctuary land as green as possible. Beautiful Together Animal Sanctuary, a future community destination, is located only 15 minutes away from downtown Chapel Hill.
The Director of Development is responsible for leading and managing all fundraising efforts related to Beautiful Together and its $10M Capital Campaign. This includes working alongside the Executive Director to oversee and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan, build and maintain relationships with donors and stakeholders and connect with a passionate team of 25+ core team members and volunteers to ensure that fundraising goals are met.
- Roll out a comprehensive fundraising plan for the capital campaign, including strategies for major gifts, planned giving, annual giving, and corporate and foundation giving.
- Lead the day-to-day efforts of the capital campaign, including managing a team of staff members and volunteers to execute fundraising strategies, tracking progress toward goals, and working alongside the Executive Director to monitor ongoing results.
- Build and maintain relationships with donors and stakeholders, including individuals, corporations, foundations, and community organizations.
- Develop and implement a stewardship plan for donors, cultivate new donor prospects, and develop strategies for donor retention and ongoing positive engagement with existing supporters.
- Build and maintain relationships with corporate sponsors to secure major gifts and ongoing support.
- Oversee the planning and execution of all fundraising events related to the Capital Campaign.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, the organization’s leadership team, and the Board of Directors to ensure that fundraising goals are aligned with the organization’s overall strategic plan, providing regular updates on the progress of the fundraising campaign.
- Ensure compliance with fundraising regulations, ensuring that all fundraising efforts comply with federal, state, and local regulations, including donor disclosure and reporting requirements.
- Stay informed of best practices and trends in fundraising and incorporate new ideas into the Capital Campaign as appropriate.
- Minimum of five years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, including experience managing successful capital campaigns.
- Strong enthusiasm for the mission of Beautiful Together and a passion for making a tangible difference by saving the lives of animals in need of refuge, working to tackle root animal welfare issues, and improving the lives of children who will benefit deeply from a curative connection to pets, people, and nature.
- Proven track record of success in Capital Campaign rollout, major gift fundraising, membership development, special events, and annual giving.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with experience managing staff and volunteers.
- Working knowledge of private foundations and grant writing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, natural interpersonal skills, and the ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan, including strategies for securing major gifts, planned giving, annual giving, and corporate and foundation giving.
- Knowledge of best practices and trends in fundraising, including donor stewardship and engagement.
- Exhibits natural networking skills and inspires, engages, and moves people to act.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a flexible and adaptable approach to problem-solving.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
SALARY & SUBMISSION
The salary range for this full-time leadership position ranges between $55,000 to $75,000, commensurate with the level of experience and proven track record in successful fundraising. This role can be a hybrid one, as preferred – working virtually, in secured co-working and conference spaces, and from the sanctuary as we grow. Otherwise, excellent candidates with the interest and the ability to grow into this position may be considered at a managerial level. Applications will be reviewed beginning April 18 and will be accepted until the position has been filled. The anticipated start date may commence at the earliest decision date.
Please email your resume, along with an introduction sharing why you would be a strong fit for this position, to our Executive Director, Tamara Lackey, at email@example.com. Please note that those candidates who only submit a resume will not be as highly considered. You can learn more at BeautifulTogetherSanctuary.com.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Beautiful Together is an all-inclusive organization that actively welcomes and encourages diversity in all hiring decisions. It provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard for race, ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or disability